Today's performance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Today's performance

Post by MrsLam »

oh my gawd, pathetic performance????? are you some kinda saints fan in disguise, start being a bit more loyal, I think our lads did really well and im proud to be a wiganer with a team like ours, we may not be winnin everythin but so what, at least they tried throughout the game. Those are the kind of comments that et us called the worst supporters in super league.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: Re: welldone lads

Post by wolftown warrior »

got to agree with the last 4 or 5 posts, we did well today!
can`t knock anyone for trying & amount of effort they put it!

as for the fans, totally agree, we have to turn out for the lads every game, i have only missed the hull game this year, ( cos it was on sky!)
& if i can make it from down here in the mids i know that others can!
i KNOW we will be full on fri, & u gotta say we have to carry our first half display over!, thought we finished well to, just had a bad 20 inbetween second half..

great posts to pieeater, mike, dorsey & mrs lam.. keep em coming!

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I think that was the best performance Iv'e seen all season.We are not good enough and thats a fact but as long as they put the effort in and give 100% nobody who is a true fan can ask for more I personaly thought Aspinwall was outstanding today
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Today's performance

Post by wolftown warrior »

yes mate, he played super.. as did all the young un`s.. they played as a team & newton`s try was the highlight of the match for me! so that was a nice mix of senior & youth geling!
if we beat saints on friday, we will be level on won three lost three, do u think, that everyone one in the media will be talking bout them being in a crisis? i think not...

u look at our average age today & compare it to bradfords!
we were great worked hard & u can garentee, that at half time, the bulls were worried!

captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Wigan_Girl, grow up. If we change the coach, whoever takes over will still have the same players to pick from. There is going to be no quick fix, this is not the late 80's and 90's, time has moved on. We will just have to stick with it, its going to be rough, but if you're a true Wigan fan you will hang on in there. I have supported Wigan for the last 44 years, there have been worst times than this. Get behind the squad, and Raper. Don't take a sulk.
Captinjack.
hopalong

Re: Re: Re: Today's performanc...

Post by hopalong »

We can't moan about the performance today, those youngsters gave everything they had and we should be proud of them. The fans should be getting behind the lads, not like Wigan_Girl. Be their on Good Friday show Shite Helens some the spirit the players showed today. WIGAN, WIGAN, WIGAN.
hopalong

Post by hopalong »

Eh! Wigan_Girl just noticed the time you posted yor first message, must havve had a quick car to get back from huddersfield, that's if you went of course.Or are you a TV fan?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_girl. First off today's performance was not pathetic. The team made some mistakes and you never know, with a bit more luck we might even have pipped it.

Second. Sacking raper. Bad idea. I have had issues over his team selection but I have on reflection more issues with the senior players not performing (until today) than his coaching.

Who would want the job? If we had a team equal to that of the Edwards/Hanley era and we were playing badly OK but with this team sacking the coach when he has an uphill task is not sensable.

If you want to sack someone, sack Maurice Linday. It's him afterall said we would have a team by now at the top of RL, not one stuck at the start of a rebuilding exercise.

Basically I don't think yu are being fair to the team or the coach. Sure we should not have to play so many kids but we are not having any luck with injuries either.

IU don't have some rose tinted specs on thinking this season is some sort of planned rebuilding exercise and the defeats arehard to take - but at the same time I don't blame the players and although I don't always agree with Raper now is not the time to sack him.

I reckon the best thing we as fans could do is raise the roof next friday because the kids we will have to play deserve nothing less.

Dave

John M

Re: Re: Today's performance

Post by John M »

I cant fault any of the players today.They where all outstanding.The problem is,they are just kids and you cant win anything with kids.I thought the score would of been much worse and to go in at half time leading was a big plus in itself.The lads put so much effort in in that first half that they ran out of steam in the second.We started to drop off tackles and our kicking wasnt as good in the second half either.

Saying that i didnt think Bradford played that well.They looked slow and they used their usual bulldozer tactics which in this case payed off in the end.However,i think it will be Leeds who bring the cup home rather than Bradford.

I think sacking Raper would be stupid.He cannot work miracles and im no fan of his but he hasnt got enough quality players available at the moment.I do think our standards have badly dropped over Lindsays so called 3 year rebuilding plan and we now find ourselves at the start of yet another one of his rebuilding plans.I think Lindsay is the man to point the finger at not Raper.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
AJ

Post by AJ »

Wigan_Girl posted:
After today's pathetic performance a number of people i know have also gave this opinion SACK Stuart Raper. In the time he has coached the team i believe wigans performance has severly dropped, today they were making stupid errors, which have cost us getting into the final. I honestly believe that during the time we have had him as coach i have seen some of the worst play i have ever seen while watching wigan. I think that something should be done and soon.
I think that if Stuart Raper was to get the sack i would think that the best person for the job would be Dennis Betts my reasons are as only recently he has stopped playing for the team so he is one of the best people to know their strenghts and weaknesses.
Please give your thoughts!!
Sarah
shut up!

im sorry, sacking raper is the most ridiculous thing i have heard, since walking off murrayfield last year and hearing saints fans calling for millwards head

you might have an opinion which you are more than entitled to, however id sooner follow opinions of those within the game, take dean sampson for example, a widely regarded and respected ex professional, in his book he praises raper to the hill especially regarduing his work with young kids - danny orr anyone??

sacking raper would set us and all the kids back another year

as for todays performance being pathetic - the only performance that was pathetic came from the ref - it was a superb performance, full of pride - get real and get behind the team
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!