the can thrower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: the can thrower

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

shawcross da warrior wrote:thats the thing, alot of people tag young people in general as dunks etc, there not all the same as stated...

didnt see anyone throw a can but i was there on friday were it kicked off next to bowtun warrior...

and excuse me mr convery i hope you dont mean i was p****d haha.

you were 'tuned in'. and i seem to recall alot of 'pap' coming from your mouth :lol:
but as i say, its 'ale talk'
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Bear

Post by Bear »

ancientnloyal wrote:i remember at salford 2 seasons ago a small group of kids (wigan fans) drunk - one 'hard one', possibly the cock of the group, urinated into his plastic pint cup... outside the ground he had a fight with someone walking to their car. I still see this group on away days acting the same.

IMO coaches (eg frasier eagle not brian noble) should have an alcohol search because this is the only way they get to away games in groups. things like coke bottles filled with clear liquids etc...

90% of our young away fans are excellent and do the club proud - the likes of Bear :)
Thanks for the compliment mate, i would also like to say Josie what a good person you are to talk to... I know it wasnt really a good welcomming you had "WHO AM I!" :D Still nice to meet a new face :D

As for the idiots, people seem to forget that there is always going to be a small minority of teenage idiots. The lads who come with me are genuine wigan fans, we work are backsides off in the week to go over the country to watch our team... I think Mike will also tell you we are no problem

But. Everyone is the same after a drink. The kids who had to walk home will proberbly think next time before they S*** H**** at games. No matter what happens there are always going to be the small minority of kids who cant get into night clubs and use the rugby for an excuse to drink.

OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately Bear it only takes a small minority. One presumes these idiots who were drunk and throwing objects did not drive across to Leeds. Therefore, they must have either gone by coach or train.

The no alocohol law is there for a very good reason and the behaviour being described is what we often saw before it was introduced.

On a bigger scale alcohol abuse is costing billions of £s.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

To be honest, theyre idiots.

If i decided to have a few drinks or even quiet alot. Id just be my usual merry self, cheer the team on and enjoy the night.

It would never cross my mind to cause fights, throw cans etc.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

i have traveld with consierge(mike)along with bear and his mates and i can honestly say they are NEVER A PROBLEM ON THE COACH GOUND AND WAY BACK they are a credit to the younger fans ...at quinns it was 2 middle aged idiots who wanted to fight as the rest of us enjoyed the game

to tarnish all teenagers with the tag of drunken idiots i feel is unfair its a minority which every club has

i cannot condone anyone throwing a can at a player or fighting its a family sport and there are no places for this in our great game

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

cpwigan wrote:Unfortunately Bear it only takes a small minority. One presumes these idiots who were drunk and throwing objects did not drive across to Leeds. Therefore, they must have either gone by coach or train.

The no alocohol law is there for a very good reason and the behaviour being described is what we often saw before it was introduced.

On a bigger scale alcohol abuse is costing billions of £s.
Which law are you talking about??

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

did no such thing kris i was tuned in i agree to that, but didnt cause any trouble i keep myself to myself because i couldnt be bothered with it after the first half to be honest i lost interest...

all i shouted is we want noble out and i wasnt on my own, and then nearlly got lynched....

noble is NOT the messiah he, if we must thank anyone it is dobson for keeping us up becuase he took every point on offer, end of my piece....
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ste lord wrote:Which law are you talking about??
The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol Etc), Act, 1985,
Alcohol is not permitted by law on-board a coach that is travelling to a sporting event.
PSV operators are reminded of the terms of Section 1 (1) of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, which prohibits the carriage of alcohol on a PSV that is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.

A designated sporting event generally means any association football match, whether national or international. The full legal definition of designated sporting events may be found in The Sports Grounds and Sporting Events (Designation Order) 1985, as amended by SI 1520/1987.

It is an offence for an operator of a PSV (or his servant or agent) knowingly to cause or permit the carriage of alcohol on journeys to which these Regulations apply.

In addition to these statutory provisions, the police have asked that operators comply with the following guidelines when conveying passengers to such sporting events:

a. Coach operators taking bookings from groups of supporters are to notify the police liaison officer at the destination, at least 48 hours before the event, of the number of supporters expected to travel and the number of coaches booked.

b. Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either en route to or on departure from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local police liaison officer.

c. Unless directed otherwise by a police officer, coaches may stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold only if it is sold ancillary to a substantial meal. Prior agreement for meal stops where alcohol is available should be sought from the operator's local police liaison officer.

d. Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before the scheduled start of the game, unless otherwise directed by police.

e. Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.

f. Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.

g. Intoxicating liquor must not be carried on coaches travelling to or from designated grounds. Operators will draw hirers attention to the requirements of the law, and drivers shall, as far as reasonably practical, supervise boarding passengers and check that they are not obviously carrying intoxicating alcohol. Drivers will not be expected to carry out baggage or body searches, nor will they be expected to confiscate alcohol or to remove passengers without police assistance.

Operators are asked to comply with these guidelines on a voluntary basis. However if the police inform the Traffic Commissioner of any failure on an operator's part to comply with them the Commissioner will consider applying them as a formal condition to that operator's licence under the authority of Section 16(3) of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bear wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:i remember at salford 2 seasons ago a small group of kids (wigan fans) drunk - one 'hard one', possibly the cock of the group, urinated into his plastic pint cup... outside the ground he had a fight with someone walking to their car. I still see this group on away days acting the same.

IMO coaches (eg frasier eagle not brian noble) should have an alcohol search because this is the only way they get to away games in groups. things like coke bottles filled with clear liquids etc...

90% of our young away fans are excellent and do the club proud - the likes of Bear :)
Thanks for the compliment mate, i would also like to say Josie what a good person you are to talk to... I know it wasnt really a good welcomming you had "WHO AM I!" :D Still nice to meet a new face :D

As for the idiots, people seem to forget that there is always going to be a small minority of teenage idiots. The lads who come with me are genuine wigan fans, we work are backsides off in the week to go over the country to watch our team... I think Mike will also tell you we are no problem

But. Everyone is the same after a drink. The kids who had to walk home will proberbly think next time before they S*** H**** at games. No matter what happens there are always going to be the small minority of kids who cant get into night clubs and use the rugby for an excuse to drink.
Hello Bear :) it was nice to meet you too, yes I was a bit bemused with the 'do you know who I am?' bitty but it was very nice to meet you, and I would just like to say what a very nice young man you are :) don't forget to come and say hello if you see me at the games :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

Firstly the law is an ass as they say.
Yes that is the Law but it is rarely even looked at other than for Football because it is virtually unworkable.
If you hire a really to notch coach (i can get you one if you want for a nice price) it will not only have a bar on board but a nice young lady to serve you! Now if one of these was heading into Ascot the police are not going to give a fig.

WE CANNOT LET THE 1% DICTATE TO THE REST OF US.

Ask anyone who travels on our coaches and they will tell you I have no problem banning people. I have already banned the people who were embarrassingly drunk at Huddersfield this season.

The trouble is in this situation it is very easy to blame the wrong people. Once I had done my homework and found out who it was they were banned, simple as.
The thing is, it was their first time with us - what can I do? guess if they'll behave? all I can do is react to it happening.

Over the course of about 15 years or more I banned two people. In the last three seasons I have banned about another ten.
ALL THESE PEOPLE STILL ATTEND GAMES.

We all know the problem.
In reality there is only one way they can continue and that is if we are cowards and don't stop it.

PEOPLE KNOW WHO THREW STUFF.
THEY NEED TO CONTACT THE CLUB AND NAME THE PEOPLE.
THEN THE CLUB HAS TO ACT.
EVEN IF IT IS JUST TO SAY THAT THEY ARE BEING WATCHED.

No way should they stop the rest of us enjoying a drink with our rugby.
I happen to like a drink or three as many will tell you. But it does not make me want to throw stuff on the pitch or hit people.

The solution is ours.
We need to let the idiots know they are not welcome behaving like that. The clubs need to weed them out.
The idiot who threw that first can was stood to the left of the box the tv camera was mounted on and was wearing a yellow top.
Don't tell me no one knows his name.
I have told the club and Leeds exactly who threw it and where he was, everyone need to be doing that.
Why, when a lot of people were shouting at him didn't a steward step in then?

Anyway, I'll calm down now...
anyone wanting to book for Salford or BARROW get in touch please on 07877153096
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY