Two referees: thoughts?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Re: Two referees: thoughts?

Post by turf »

cpwigan wrote:The referee at Salford for the reserves on Friday was downright disgusting. Useless would be a polite phrase.
Who was it cpwigan?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No idea Turf
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:I know we give the SL referees heaps but trust me they are a mile ahead of many below. The referee at Salford for the reserves on Friday was downright disgusting. Useless would be a polite phrase.
What did you think was poor about his game?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

robjoenz wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I know we give the SL referees heaps but trust me they are a mile ahead of many below. The referee at Salford for the reserves on Friday was downright disgusting. Useless would be a polite phrase.
What did you think was poor about his game?
His decision making, not aided by his tj I may add. Somebody clearly had not told them that if a player goes to make a tackle and the ball hits his arm it is not back to 1. The game in the first 40 could have turned into a brawl. Wigan had to take Ben Davies off as he was so annoyed with the officials. He just seemed to like screaming at the players so I shouted at him. Second half he rules a tackle was complete when it clearly was not and the Wigan player was denied a fair try.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

BTW Rob you have not thanked me yet. Remember last years and probably before when I was educating you about the play of the ball being too fast and how a slower POTB was better. Well the RFL have seen sense and adopted my philosophy. How much better has the start of the season been. Read Leon Pryce in RLW about it.

Here is the problem though. The NRL through 2 referees has now improved their game. They have found utopia. The right battle between defence and attack. Their game is now faster than it was but in a sensible manner. Ian Lenagan did a radio interview last week which showed how uneducated RL people are when he fell into the trap of describing the NRL as 5 drives and a kick. Rounds 1 and 2 have been sublime. Silly Lenagan. Even Gary Schofield now admits it is a myth and the NRL is far more entertaining.

So we have made progress but the Aussies have jumped forward again and Uncle Stuey is against 2 referees. How about back to PT referees but we go to 2 referees.

Another Old CPW learning tip. The Aussie players will shrink in size (forwards) because the game is becoming more continuous with less stoppages. Endurance is becoming a factor again. Players tiring = great entertainment RL wise. Maybe our players are too big. A club that changes early could steal a march on other clubs. Maybe O'C or Ben Davies or a Mossop at prop are the future generation of props. However, here is the big issue. Endurance is negated in SL by too much reliance on video refereeing and absurdly long adjudication. The NRL has reduced video referee involvement. Maybe Uncle Stuey should follow suit?

If you ever want to learn, learn from the best. Aussie

Oh and CPW too ;) JKing