This made me laugh...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

This made me laugh...

Post by GeoffN »

"Defences are far harder to unpick because players are quicker, faster, stronger - even the front five (forwards) are making an average of 10-12 tackles a game."

Some Union guy whinging about the amount of injuries they're getting. no wonder, with THAT sort of workload! How will Faz cope?

Full story here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/4375879.stm
robjoenz

Re: This made me laugh...

Post by robjoenz »

It's funny what these Union guys get into their heads. I listened to Leeds -v- Bradford on 5Live last week, they had Henry Paul on at half time. He was saying how much harder Union is, saying it's a tough game every week opposed to just a few tough games a season. Also made some comment about it being quicker.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

"You might play two weeks and have a week off to let your body recover from accumulated stress, which is probably the biggest factor in injury rates in England."

Top players in England are meant to play a maximum of 32 games a season but on Thursday we revealed that limit was regularly broken.

This is truly shocking, me thinks!!!!!!
:o
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

union quicker than league :D :D :D :lol: joke or what? In union the balls out of play most of the time and their fat gets. Id love to see rob burrow in union hed score 30 tries agame the speed of him.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I have a lot of Union fan mates, the first thing they all say is how league players stop as soon as they get tackled and that's what they don't like. I fail to see how a maul is much different in terms of being a break in play.

I looked at some Union stats once, at first I thought they had the tackle count and the scrum count confused!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Firstly, you poor thing rob, :doz:
Secondly, they dont all stop when they get tackled some struggle through. Mauls just seem like a reason for loads of guys to jump on one another, then the ref blows his whistle and they all start again, just seems random and boring, then again maybe i'm just a little bit biased :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

warrior till i die posted:
union quicker than league :D :D :D :lol: joke or what? In union the balls out of play most of the time and their fat gets. Id love to see rob burrow in union hed score 30 tries agame the speed of him.
They must be looking at how fast the ball gets from one side of the field to the other, im sure that working a ball up field in 6 tackles is slower than kicking it to each other oooooooo kick, clap, kick, clap, tackle maul, throw, kick, clap! great fun im sure!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

proud_pie_eater posted:
warrior till i die posted:
They must be looking at how fast the ball gets from one side of the field to the other, im sure that working a ball up field in 6 tackles is slower than kicking it to each other oooooooo kick, clap, kick, clap, tackle maul, throw, kick, clap! great fun im sure!
Don't forget all that strain on the neck muscles watching the ball sail backwards and forwards over their heads as the two fullbacks play "kick-tennis".

Faz will like the 3 points for a drop goal, though! No wonder they don't bother trying to score tries.
heydude

Post by heydude »

i read this from liam botham interesting read from a guy who has played both codes. http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_le ... ory=625247
don't eat yellow snow