Tony Smith what planet are you on?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Tony Smith what planet are you on?

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... tlead.html
"Some of us have got short memories. Trent Barrett was pretty ordinary in his first year at Wigan and people were wondering what all the fuss was about but, by the time he left, everybody said 'how good is Trent Barrett'.
Matthew

Re: Tony Smith what planet are you on?

Post by Matthew »

Smith must be mad to have taken the job at wire in the first place!

Barrett was the man of steel by a country mile in his first year at Wigan - it was only the two f***wits at sky that gave it to roby. It was because of this utterly ridiculous decision that the way the man of steel is decided was changed.

The way King has been playing for wire he isn't fit to lace Trent's boots! Bet the wire fans hope he cancels the last year of his contract.

Thank God we didn't sign him!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i hope he leaves the England job, if he is saying world class players are not world class then what kind of players will he pick for England

everybody knows Trent should have been Man Of Steel that year, even Stevo said so.
Warrington fans will laugh at that because even they will admit Trent was on a diffrent level in his first year
markill

Post by markill »

When Trent left we were saying that if he'd played the way he did in the first year we might have made a final in his second year - he must have meant the first half of the second year but been misquoted as Smith has shown himself to be a pretty smart operator in RL...ah but then there was the world cup and his move to wire...yeah he has totally lost his GF winning NZ hammering wisdom now.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

was smith a good coach or leeds a good team coming to bloom? Daniel anderson didnt really have to do too much to achieve what he did at Saints, that team was coming to their peak when he came, he merely chipped away at the decks.

we shall see with Warrington.

Remember Noble's start at Wigan? win at Huddersfield then a few bad losses. smith: warrington run leeds close then get capitulated by quins.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It will take several seasons to sort Warrington if Lenagan/Noble are to be believed.
ian b

Post by ian b »

To be honest i have stood at the match and heard many fans slagging Barrett time and time again.Telling him to go home and how he hadnt got a clue and when he left they would say what a great player he was :doz:.iam not sticking up for smith but i do find some wigan fans mind blowing,imo he was possibly the best no6 wigan have had for donkeys years.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ian b wrote:To be honest i have stood at the match and heard many fans slagging Barrett time and time again.Telling him to go home and how he hadnt got a clue and when he left they would say what a great player he was :doz:.iam not sticking up for smith but i do find some wigan fans mind blowing,imo he was possibly the best no6 wigan have had for donkeys years.
He was the best players we have had in the last few years and as you say Ian our best 6 for a decade+
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:
ian b wrote:To be honest i have stood at the match and heard many fans slagging Barrett time and time again.Telling him to go home and how he hadnt got a clue and when he left they would say what a great player he was :doz:.iam not sticking up for smith but i do find some wigan fans mind blowing,imo he was possibly the best no6 wigan have had for donkeys years.
He was the best players we have had in the last few years and as you say Ian our best 6 for a decade+
I concur :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan