Huddersfield

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Huddersfield

Post by cpwigan »

I have read several disparaging remarks about Huddersfield. Let me say I think fans are wrong to believe they are a poor team. IMO, Huddersfield will finish in the top 6 this season. They are very well coached. They play as a team. Individually they may not have many outstanding players but collectively they are very good.
LORENZO

Re: Huddersfield

Post by LORENZO »

Warriors are supposed to have outstanding players but they don't play as a team and collectively they are usually c--p.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Dont give them too much credit, yest they are a good team well coached but they were lying on all the time in the tackle
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Was one of the dullest games I have seen in a long long time.
Spoiling tactics from the outset and no wonder they have bugger all support with that brand of rugby.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

listening on radio i agree with atob... was quite dull, i think in the radio thread i woke up when there was a fight. but as i wasnt there i cant comment on the game itself. Noble on the news pages IMO is looking for an excuse, can anyone name a team who doesnt lie on for long periods?

Hudds have got 4 or 5 quality players mixed with solid cement (im not noble) who are working well as a 'team' and fair play to them they've been building for 3 or 4 seasons now and I think with hodgeson at FB they have a points machine more capable and injury-free than thorman.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

ancientnloyal wrote:listening on radio i agree with atob... was quite dull, i think in the radio thread i woke up when there was a fight. but as i wasnt there i cant comment on the game itself. Noble on the news pages IMO is looking for an excuse, can anyone name a team who doesnt lie on for long periods?
Hudds have got 4 or 5 quality players mixed with solid cement (im not noble) who are working well as a 'team' and fair play to them they've been building for 3 or 4 seasons now and I think with hodgeson at FB they have a points machine more capable and injury-free than thorman.
The difference is it was not for long periods, it was the entire game. Disgusted with the officials and how they handled (or not as the case maybe) the game :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think there are 2 things that fans need to understand. Fans / Clubs / Coaches / Players all asked for an end to the early season penalty chaos and for tackles to be allowed to be completed to encourage teams to play RL rather than just scoot. Referees have delivered what the RFL community asked for.

The downside has been that SL teams are so used to simply scooting through huge gaps that they are now finding it difficult to play attacking RL. Wigan had field position, they had possession but they had no attacking game. We are probably the poorest team bar Salford and Celts at converting pressure into points.

You also have dominance into tackles to take account of. In wet conditions you tend to find more 3 man dominant tackles and thus if a team is dominant that are allowed a few extra seconds.

We are actually criticised by many other clubs for doing what Huddersfield supposedly did to us and if we knew Huddersfield would do that why did we not plan/prepare to overcome it. I cannot recall the great Wigan teams ever complaining about such tactics and they faced it nearly every week.

What you have in SL 2009 is how the NRL was refereed prior to 2009. If we wanted to take a short cut an make our game better and comparable to NRL 2009 we would move to 2 referees ASAP but we will not in part because we have no prepared enough officials and/or there is not the will / inclination.