Wigan to sign Gleeson?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Wigan to sign Gleeson?

Post by East Stand Faithful »

ancientnloyal wrote:Mathers' wage £60k? with this reported £20,000 spare we could get a half decent guy (or girl, you never know) in if Gleeson is for next season.
Sorry I dont want Long
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Okay there are 2 possibles now.

As I said previously Gleeson to Wigan in 2010 and Mathers to Wire.

However, from an equally reliable source I have been told;

Gleeson will sign on Monday and play in the cup game. Mathers and Goulding are going to Warrington but unsure if Goulding is a permanent deal or a loan deal.

I guess tomorrow will give us an idea which is correct.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Gleeson I guess would be a good signing at centres... international caps could be what we need to stiffen our defence out wide... the only problem i'd have to comment further as to whether he'd be good for us is who goes in the opposite direction... goulding, mathers...? suppose we comment more good/bad when it/if it happens.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:At this stage all I know is that Gleeson is at Wigan in 2010 and Mathers will be a Wire (might be 2009 or 2010)

Personally, I would prefer Steve Price (out of contract with the Warriors at the end of this season, poor age but a leader and ultra consistent week in week out) Alternatives Dave Taylor (Broncos) or Andrew Cuthbertson (Many). Tamana tahu (centre) went to Aus RU but now desparate to return to League. Terry Campese (Stand off)

British players? Richie Myler and/or Andy Lynch.
I desperately hope you or your informant are pulling everybodies leg!!!! :angry:
What... I said WHAT DO WE WANT A 30 YEAR OLD PARTY ANIMAL FOR???? He is a bloody useless overrated prat :eusa17: :eusa17:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Hes a good centre.

Better than bailey and goulding in the centres.

Just hope with his addition, we bring the best out of amos, and play rugby where they both can play quality rugby.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dont care about his off field problems as long as he players quality rugby league for us.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, the players arent the problem, its the coach, dont go panic buying and offloading all our youngsters! Just offload a coach and get one who can lead our players effectively!

PS just what we need, another old past it ex scum helens pop head who bets against his own side to loose!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

Give us a percentage of how likely it is CP :)

You mentioned Campese by the way, not off contract is he? :conf: If he is he needs signing though
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

NO NO NO NO NO NO no more Aussies, unless DL wants to come for 40 grand a year (which isnt very likely) then NO just NO NO No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The worrying thing is that he has already said he wants to go to OZ at the end of the year.