lets make it a cauldron on thursday!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: lets make it a cauldron on thursday!

Post by cpwigan »

south_stander wrote:Comments like "if they give us something to cheer about" is why the chant "you only sing when your winning" get sung at fans!!

I am one of the VERY few who stays til the whistle whatever the result, sings Wigan til I die whatever the result, goes in South Stand bar to hear Phil Vievers comments (and don't heckle him let him have his say) whatever the result!! And still turn up for the next match whatever the result..... I'm not saying I'm a better fan than anybody but I get sick to death of being able to hear a pin drop when we go behind..... The people who walk out with 20mins of the game to go.... The ppl who heckle Phil Vievers when he's trying to say his piece.... Alright ask him questions but let him say what he's gotta say first....
It gets sung at every match, to every set of fans. Wigan get a fantastic reception from fans but if they produce nothing then let's see you expect the fans to shout even more. Did you do so at all 4 games v Saints last season?
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

All i ask is please dont boo, i think in the back of every ones mind is the fact that were not playing great and st helens are playing very good. and maybe some of us know what the result could be. but if your a wigan fan then please get behing the team!! sing your hearts out and cheer the lads on!! I know we all will.
WIGAN TILL I DIE

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do you not go to Rugby matches to watch the rugby folks?

Never boo, rarely cheer. I never sing stupid football songs. I clap good play. I watch the game.

Is this not the stuff of cliches talking about cauldrons.
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

They get a good reception when they come onto the pitch.... If they concede an early try then the place goes quiet.... Concede a second n everyone starts shouting n ballin at them.... Concede a third and the boos start!! The only time any noise is made after that is if we get to within one try ove gettin back level!! Sometimes a big roar from the crowd is the kick up the backside they need not a chorus of boos!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

south_stander wrote:They get a good reception when they come onto the pitch.... If they concede an early try then the place goes quiet.... Concede a second n everyone starts shouting n ballin at them.... Concede a third and the boos start!! The only time any noise is made after that is if we get to within one try ove gettin back level!! Sometimes a big roar from the crowd is the kick up the backside they need not a chorus of boos!!
Is that not a normal human reaction though? those fans go along, build the atmosphere up and the players can take it to a new level or kill it. Woul fans not look like right muppets if they started screaming support at 40+ down?
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

There's only so much you can take I understand that and I wouldn't expect ppl to start singin their praises at 40-0 down!! But as long as we are in with a realisic chance of getting something from the game then surely the crowd should try and play their part in trying to make that happen!!

Another thing that slightly disappoints me is the players don't interact with the fans after a try (with the exception of Aincough and Tommy L)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

south_stander wrote:There's only so much you can take I understand that and I wouldn't expect ppl to start singin their praises at 40-0 down!! But as long as we are in with a realisic chance of getting something from the game then surely the crowd should try and play their part in trying to make that happen!!

Another thing that slightly disappoints me is the players don't interact with the fans after a try (with the exception of Aincough and Tommy L)
Very true. They are conditioned not too. Why I do not know but it is frowned upon. It is perceived as arrogant for some reason.

Back in the CP days, fans ysed to chant X gives us a wave, gives us a wave. They waved an fans went mental. Childish but it linked the crowd and player/coch together.
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

Absolutely correct.... There's nothing arrogant about it just a little clap is just a little gesture of appreciation!!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

The team will gel, and get the results, its just a matter of time. I cant see why they cant applaud the fans after a try etc, at the end of the day the fans are the heart of the club, no fans no club. Lets get all the way behind them from start to finish,you all talk about being a few trys behind but did the catalan fans give up at weekend against bradford when behind by 4 tries, No and the team rallied together and produced a win. Lets compliment good play and instead of calling a player trying something and not coming off lets give them possitive like hard luck maybe next time, After all we all want to see a win, but nothing worse than sat there listening to moans all game
screamy18

Post by screamy18 »

to be honest if we want an awesome atmosphere ... we need an early wigan try or a brawl in the first few minutes, otherwise everyone is really quiet as usual