next 3 games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

next 3 games

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I know I got all upbeat after the easter results but I don't think we will get any points from our next 3 games. Can someone please come on and put forward a well constructed counterpoint and cheer me up?
waterside glens

Re: next 3 games

Post by waterside glens »

seems about right
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

lets beat the yorkshire scum and go top!!!!!!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

I am with you on that Warrior !! good spirit !! I have said it before and say it again, cannot believe how many negative fans on ere !!!!

What do they have to do to gain fans confidence, beat st helens, hull, and then get through first round of cup.....CANNOT PLEASE SOME PEOPLE.

Lets kick some a** this weekend and next !! COME ON THE BOYS !! :lol:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

As we've seen from the first few rounds of Super League X it's not about how a team looks on paper otherwise Leeds would have run out 60 point winners every game, Warrington wouldn't be down near the bottom, London wouldn't have a +109 points difference, Saints would have trounced us on Good Friday, we'd never have come back against Hull. Similarly in NRL Canberra wouldn't be unbeaten at the top of the league, the Bulldogs wouldn't have lost three in a row and Sydney two in a row.

Do you pesimists see my point? To win a game you need enthusiasm (we have this in abundance), skill & talent (again plenty of this), speed (yep), youth and experience (balanced a bit towards the former but still some experience in there), fitness (looked good over Easter with two games in 4 days) and power (lacking). So we have 4.5 out of 6 and they say 2 out of 3 ain't bad we're doing better than that!

Come on Wigan!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I could see us getting anywhere between 0 and 6 points, which I think is a reflection in part on how good the comp is, and also how competitive we can be. I think tonight should be the easiest game, with Bradford away the hardest. Having lost the last 2 times we have been there should concentrate the mind - the big pitch should help us, as should our easier game last Sunday. Nil desperandum!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
I think tonight should be the easiest game, with Bradford away the hardest.
Maybe true, but we're more than overdue a good performance away at Bradford, it seems to have been a long time since we've had a good result there. Won't be easy, but then games aren't easy anymore for anyone!

As for tonight, all that warm-weather training will go out of the window I think - here in Manchester it's been lightly snowing on-and-off for the last couple of hours!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Joanne2809 posted:
I am with you on that Warrior !! good spirit !! I have said it before and say it again, cannot believe how many negative fans on ere !!!!

What do they have to do to gain fans confidence, beat st helens, hull, and then get through first round of cup.....CANNOT PLEASE SOME PEOPLE.

Lets kick some a** this weekend and next !! COME ON THE BOYS !! :lol:
No need to shout...
Maybe what you call negativity is because some of us are simply spoiled and remember a time when we didn't have much competition :wink:
Irrespective of our previous performances we will be very slight favourites tonight and odds against in the next two.
As regards being pleased, perhaps because I expect less than you I am even more pleased than you with our status at the moment.

Anyway, can't make it tonight (I am golfing in the snow!!) but I'll be watching on TV with everything crossed!!