SORT IT MO!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: SORT IT MO!

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Be carefull joanne2809, I have been saying these things for quite a while now, but most people who post on here don't want to hear the truth, they just skirt around the most pressing areas of concern, and ignore the more contreversial issues.

You will be criticised, by the regulars, but I agree, but I'm afraid MO is'nt interested any more, a friend recons he's off to the Prem if the Latics get promoted !
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

SEU SEU =GOOD TACKLE

DALLAS =GOOD TRY

REILLY =NO THIRD TRY

KLIEN =SH***

with reference to the dallas try the advantage is supposed to be with the attacker it was impossible to tell wether his toe touched the line as a camera would of needed to be level and two yards off the pitch to make the angle possible to make a genuine call and mellings hand prevented reilly from grouding the ball
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

MrsLam, living in cloud cuckoo land there I'm afraid if you are expecting the RFL to do anything about Reillys oscar winnng performance. Lat night proved that even if RL is a young mans game when you have 6/7 19/20 year olds in the team at the same time you lack that game playing/breaking/winning experience required.
Where was Radlinski's captaincy last night, before the game Sky said he would have to stand up and lead with Newton out, he didn't.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

warrior till i die, why do you want Newton doing time?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

daveO, not often I agree with your rants but this time I do agree with your comments on Prescott/Hargreaves, Wilde, Aspinwall and Guisset who deserved those two tries last night for his efforts this season playing in the front row 2 stone short.
Can we persuade Vaelaekis girl to come over and take him back with her? Looking at Lyon, Ryan Cross and this morning Gasnier v Manley it is becoming obvious that his injury has badly affected his capabilities and whatever speed he used to have and our big worry has to be that we have him on a 3 year contract, what was it the Parramatta coach said, this contract will set him up for life, we couldn't stand in his way. It is going to seem like life while we wait for this contract to expire, occasional flashes of brilliance but long periods of mediocrity.
Can we wait for Danny Orr to have a suffiently long period without some excuse or other allowing Maurice to face the fact that he was duped by Hull, I would suggest not.

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Duped by Hull? Not sure I follow that.

My take on this game is that we went in as second favourites, and under-performed, and so were bound to lose. I was really disappointed with Rads and Orr (orrful), whom we could have expected to come good. Orr was always a risk, coming to a bigger club, but seemed a reasonable one at the time. If we are spending a lot of our salary cap on Rads, it's a waste. He was clearly outplayed by the cheating thug opposite him. Newton for captain for mine - his stock certainly rose last night.

As in all the games I have seen, there was a lot of spirit and skill shown by a lot of the lads - Seu Seu and Guisset deserve better support than we can offer them. Godwin is a bit limited but gives his all. Hansen, Beswick, Melling, Colbon, Wild etc give all they can, but you cannot expect them to match it with the likes of Crabtree and co.

So, we are where I thought we'd be, stuffed for this year. Any team playing us know they only have to pick as many big old lads as they can and they have a chance to beat us. It is a tragedy, but most of the lads who are playing just now deserve our support more than ever. They are giving their all.

In conclusion - 3 thoughts...

how did it get like this? Poor planning, bad luck, naive recruitment, Maurice losing interest...???

the boys we have deserve as much support as we can give them;

things could get better in the future. Once Hansen has as much weight and experience as the likes of Nero, Peacock, Bennett and co, isn't he bound to show them what talent is all about? Let's hope so, and soon...
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Dont see why your givin Vaeliki stick...he looked like our only dangerous attacker, great pass to Dallas. I feel sorry for Danny Orr...that bad pass he gave last night at a crucial moment....was just awful...the kind of thing sean long likes to do under pressure.
Aside from the players, everyone seems to love Betts all of a sudden because we beat St's and Hull; its amazing how quickly everyone forgets Betts obvious tactical ineptitude, which once again reared its head last night. Even with those youngsters out there with the exception of the consistently toothless Brown we should have won that game last night, Huddersfield are no great shakes.
When the team plays its heart out and comes up with tights wins maybe it over shadows the fact that our attack is awful at the moment, we won those games solely based on defence. For me the game is based on defence and attack and Betts has consistently shown he doesnt get the best out of his attacking players with the tactics he uses
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

I have never read such rubbish. Some of the people writing on hear should be ashamed to call themselves Wigan fans. One loss and all the positivity of the last few games goes out the window and its pick, pick time on the players with the old favourite Danny Orr taking the flak again. He does the best he can with the depleted team he's got around him and so so the rest of the boys for that matter. It seems to me that some people writing on hear are glory hunters. They want the wins but can't take the defeats and if thats the attitude please don't call yourselfs Wigan fans they don't deserve you.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well said girl. i think some people think we have a devine right to win
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:eusa9: dennis betts makes comment about us only playing when the game was over im a big dennis fan but he as to face the facts danny orr was awful but he was injured and had a injection b4 the match come on dennis take some responsability wants he went off and melling a fit player came on we were a diffrent team
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME