Reardon leaves wolves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
slimshady

Re: Reardon leaves wolves

Post by slimshady »

Matthew wrote:
slimshady wrote: If thats your view, ethically Feka should also be sacked!! Oh wait a minute he plays for us, he was provoked my mistake.
Had Feka forced entry in the blokes house and attacked him; then I would have no problem with the club sacking him. He got into a fight with a bloke who was deliberately winding him up in a public place - and who didn't want to press charges afterwards.

pryce and reardon forced entry into someone's house and then beat both occupants up - one of them a woman; presumably because the woman had divorced reardon.

Thats ok then you can beat them up as long as you dont force entry into their house. Your arguement is flawed pal.
The only reason he didnt want to press charges is because someone had a word with him.

You think that is the same thing??? :o
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

They were totally different offences... Pryces was not first offence and was premeditated. Cockaynes was a sustained beating. Not saying either is right but they are both worse than what Feka did and the sentence will reflect that.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Technically Slim is right and you cannot really argue with his point IMO. We could go back in time to Jon Clarke too.

What is sad is that Wire acted and he then gets signed by Hull. The NRL often prevent this, I wonder if the RFL could have done the same. The NRL also now impose their own punishment if they feel the club has not taken the correct action.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He's signed for Hull FC this morning
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Whether breaking and entering and battery or assualt due to provocation neither can be defended!

I don't see the point in sacking players for this type of thing to be honest. More often than not another club benefits from it. Seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face (unless it was a convenient excuse to get rid).
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:Technically Slim is right and you cannot really argue with his point IMO. We could go back in time to Jon Clarke too.

What is sad is that Wire acted and he then gets signed by Hull. The NRL often prevent this, I wonder if the RFL could have done the same. The NRL also now impose their own punishment if they feel the club has not taken the correct action.
Only point I was making is that you cant say that they should be sacked when we have a player who has been done for a similar offence, the RL need to clarify the situation and all the clubs need to agree with them. Its a dilema for anyone who is connected with these assaults because these are so called professional sportsmen and the should be able to control themselves.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

slimshady wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Technically Slim is right and you cannot really argue with his point IMO. We could go back in time to Jon Clarke too.

Only point I was making is that you cant say that they should be sacked when we have a player who has been done for a similar offence, the RL need to clarify the situation and all the clubs need to agree with them. Its a dilema for anyone who is connected with these assaults because these are so called professional sportsmen and the should be able to control themselves.

The difference between Rearden,s offence and Feka's .
Reardens offence was premiditated whereas Fekas was intimidation and the other guy dropped charges it was the Railway Police that pursued the matter.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jaws1 wrote:The difference between Rearden,s offence and Feka's. Reardens offence was premiditated whereas Fekas was intimidation and the other guy dropped charges it was the Railway Police that pursued the matter.
The similarity being they are both unacceptable acts!