The team needs us!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: The team needs us!

Post by cpwigan »

Had that been at the JJB I fear we would hve had a repeat of your not fit to wear the shirt chant. For a large part of the second half it looked like the players could not give a damn. That worried me.

Wigan RLFC is Wigan RLFC because players/teams from the 1920's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 80's, 90's sweated blood and produced great RL and fantastic teams. Simply competing is not enough to be Wigan RLFC. Wigan RLFC = winning, success, style. Nothing else is good enough. Losing is not an option. This is not Warrington, Salfod, Castleford or anybody else. The bar is raised higher than anywhere else. The day we lower that bar Wigan RLFC dies and may as well be renamed. If we accept mediocrity we insult a century of magnificence.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

it was before tonight turfy, before the saints game, i think it was after barrow but i forget. what date is it today? bloody easter holiday confusing me.

"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I know everyone is down with the team at the min. But all these calls for boycotts of the games will not change anything in my opinion. All it will do is turn away the good players to other clubs ie ainscough. If the likes of stains fans knew the thoughts on this site at the min they would have a field day. Bad times Yes ir-recoverable NO
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if you can;t get what you want however, a boycott is what will make a difference some might venture to say.

we contribute to players wages, they all know they are playing pap.

ticket sales etc cotnribute to leneghans bank balance. that would take a hit if no bums were in the seats.

people will go as far to boycott if they want certain actions being taken. doesn't neccessarily always work but it's an option people consider.

ian b

Post by ian b »

i think two eyed warrior got it right.I believe we are all loyal but this shite is going on far to long to the point where we are a laughing stock.We could shout and sing ourselves hoarse which a lot of us do but it doesnt make a difference,sorry.
turf

Post by turf »

As I say psycho how pi**ed off must Ainscough/S. Tomkins be at hearing this knowing that neither of them (Ainscough/S. Tomkins daren't go out on the lash.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

cumbria_warrior wrote:It seems as though I may be on the wrong site? I thought this was wigan warriors fans and everyone seems to be dis owning there team? I am also frustrated by the recent lack of results, but there are people here calling for all to boycot games I dont think this is the answer, I pay good money to watch the games like the rest of you, I understand frustration is high but has there been a time when the team needs us more than now? In 2006 when it looked like we could end up being in NL1 did everyone stop going to games? Every team has low times at the end of the day no relegation and we can only get better, Keep chins up stand tall be proud

anyone boycotting the matches are stupid and imature, the best way to voice your opinion is at the stadium, Newcastle UTD fans boycotted there matches and now they are in a relegation fight and there are some players like Ainscough and Tomkins who are playing well and the players only do what the coach tells them so even though they make stupid mistakes the tactics they play with are stupid aswell. like a previous poster said if we get a new coach players will play for there places - i believe they are not playing up because there is no relegation they might not give 100% weather they mean it or not and a new coach would change that because the pressure would be back on them - i will stick by them thorugh anything but its BN who is ruining the team with tactics and surley IL must have seen that now, 3 years and we have not progressed, i know people will say we made the play offs but that is just a basic to coaching at any club. make the playoffs and do the real work from there thats why coaches at KR and Quins where under pressure at the begining of the season because even them who rearly if ever in super league played in the play offs know now they have too this season because its just a requirement especaily of Wigan. who would we get in is the real question but at the end of the day if Wigan offerd the job to say 20 coaches you can guarentee that 70% would be intrested because its the chance to coach Wigan - at the minute we, Bradford and Warrington are laughing stocks and somthing has got to give
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i think both sam and shaun venture out also, just look at shaun's facebook to know that and i may have seen sam out.

im not saying no social lives, what im saying is bad performances, to then go and get wasted on king street takes the mick really in this economic climate :conf:

turf

Post by turf »

- psycho - wrote:i think both sam and shaun venture out also, just look at shaun's facebook to know that and i may have seen sam out.

im not saying no social lives, what im saying is bad performances, to then go and get wasted on king street takes the mick really in this economic climate :conf:
If those two are out on Wigan (not saying because I ain't seen either of them out) then their performances don't show it for show, or maybe Noble makes them work harder than the rest of the team, I really do not know.

Or maybe they are both intelligent young lads, and maybe only go for one/two pints, and make sure that they can stand up at the end of the night.

My bet is the second point psycho, what is yours?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well to be honest turf, im not bothered how much they drink, providing they put the effort in when its required. unfortunately some players seem to put more effort into lifting the pint glass than they do playing on the field, not including either sam or shaun as examples of that.