The team needs us!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: The team needs us!

Post by cumbria_warrior »

the rfl website has got more support for wigan at the min than on here, whats up with everyone? yes we are bad but we can get better, agree regarding the money issues and going out getting wrecked after the defeats, what can we do? I will never boycott games there is never anything comes from strikes surely noble must now go, the players need to stand tall when noble calls the play do something different and show they are unhappy, if he calls for 2 points run the ball in. It seems we are all on one anothers backs at the min
turf

Post by turf »

It sounds like psycho my second guess maybe right.
Turf posted: Or maybe they are both intelligent young lads, and maybe only go for one/two pints, and make sure that they can stand up at the end of the night
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is not so much we fans that may get Noble the push but the impact the team struggling has on the commercial fortunes of the club. Commercially, we cannot trade on our history. Sponsors want to be associated with winners not losers. Wigan RLFC is becoming a harder sell and the damage cause off the field commercially by on the field failure may result in action being taken.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

cumbria_warrior wrote:the rfl website has got more support for wigan at the min than on here, whats up with everyone? yes we are bad but we can get better, agree regarding the money issues and going out getting wrecked after the defeats, what can we do? I will never boycott games there is never anything comes from strikes surely noble must now go, the players need to stand tall when noble calls the play do something different and show they are unhappy, if he calls for 2 points run the ball in. It seems we are all on one anothers backs at the min
the fact that we are there through thick and thin and pay for it all and should be given what we watn instaed of that drivel. This is driving me into depression I am so low now I feel bad.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i'll stick by this team, and i will any wigan team as i love this club, not the players, not the coaches, not the board, THIS CLUB, and its proud past.

i've stuck by as much as anyone, i was stood on the terraces at headingly with the sun beaming when we lost 70-0, and then yes i was at saints to, 75-o wasn't to pretty. and i stuck by along with many others.

i stuck by in '06 when we were facing relegation. when people were laughing and i was saying you know what keep the faith, this'l turn round. i was at headingly when ashton broke down the wing and put calderwood away.

what have we had since then? mediocre seasons with fairly good finishes. sure we've had the likes of the bradford play off game and hull away, but i think it's about time this team started pulling it together and performing consistantly. each year we are promised big things, and the team is hyped up with cheesey advertisements through the post and on the official website.

id rather it all be black and white as long as we started winning games! again, i pay money, plenty of people pay money and the rugby isn't a cheap do, away tickets, leeds cost 20 quid salford was 17! 17 quid to stand in a glorified skip. joke.

we are all quick enough to get our hands in our pockets it's about time this team and these coaches got their fingers out.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

well said cpwigan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Don't think the question the team needs us is irrelevent any more we all have a sense of loyalty to the team come what may.
What is the issue at the moment is that on paper we have a good squad of players are they playing to their full potential ? are they coached correctly?are the fitness levels up to the limit?do they give value for money?is the team selection good enough.?type of play good enough ie one out rugby.?You have to look at the attendences to see the answers ok the season ticket holders like myself will go come what may it is the floating supporters that we need to make the club prosperous.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

THE 18th Man wrote:
cumbria_warrior wrote:It seems as though I may be on the wrong site? I thought this was wigan warriors fans and everyone seems to be dis owning there team? I am also frustrated by the recent lack of results, but there are people here calling for all to boycot games I dont think this is the answer, I pay good money to watch the games like the rest of you, I understand frustration is high but has there been a time when the team needs us more than now? In 2006 when it looked like we could end up being in NL1 did everyone stop going to games? Every team has low times at the end of the day no relegation and we can only get better, Keep chins up stand tall be proud

anyone boycotting the matches are stupid and imature, the best way to voice your opinion is at the stadium, Newcastle UTD fans boycotted there matches and now they are in a relegation fight and there are some players like Ainscough and Tomkins who are playing well and the players only do what the coach tells them so even though they make stupid mistakes the tactics they play with are stupid aswell. like a previous poster said if we get a new coach players will play for there places - i believe they are not playing up because there is no relegation they might not give 100% weather they mean it or not and a new coach would change that because the pressure would be back on them - i will stick by them thorugh anything but its BN who is ruining the team with tactics and surley IL must have seen that now, 3 years and we have not progressed, i know people will say we made the play offs but that is just a basic to coaching at any club. make the playoffs and do the real work from there thats why coaches at KR and Quins where under pressure at the begining of the season because even them who rearly if ever in super league played in the play offs know now they have too this season because its just a requirement especaily of Wigan. who would we get in is the real question but at the end of the day if Wigan offerd the job to say 20 coaches you can guarentee that 70% would be intrested because its the chance to coach Wigan - at the minute we, Bradford and Warrington are laughing stocks and somthing has got to give
Why is someone deciding they dont want to spend their hard earned cash on watching that rubbish stupid and imature.I am neither (others might disagree) but if i decide to boycott by not attending and wasting my money (i,ve already spent my money on aseason ticket) i would say that could be classed as a mature and sensible option.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I guess the key question is why are the players not aiming up. Forget tactics and such forth. Enthusiasm, energy, effort goes a long way and we got blitzed in those departments by Cats. The hard Easter schedule is acop out too.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I'll be at the JJB on sunday, at wakefield the week after, at Murryfield, and at Wakey again the week after cheering the boys on, someone has to!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!