Best performer so far?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Best performer so far?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Tried to do a few votes regarding this a while back but the voting system doesnt appear on web warriors any more so nobody voted.

So, follow the link to vote, alternatively discuss in this thread.

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/?s=VOTE&o=564088

On the basis of tries/ appearances and impact I have gone for Shaun Ainscough. I think he has shown qualities of a winger that we haven't seen in many a season. Has taken his chances well in attack but his defense isn't all too great.
Eamonn had a good start from me but now unlucky with his injury. I think there are no stand out players yet, Hock when he plays has signs of quality but not as consistant.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrDave

Re: Best performer so far?

Post by MrDave »

I think there are a few people who might disagree with my choice but I went with Sean O'Loughlin. I think so far this season he has been the only consistent Wigan player and his work rate has been excellent.

Shaun Ainscough has been very good but has made a few mistakes similarly Thomas Leulaui has been very good at times and even Feka performances have been better.

The main reason I picked O'Loughlin was his performance against St Helens. It's often mentioned Wigan need more Wiganers in the squad because they understand what Wigan v Saints means etc and in the last game O'Loughlin was everywhere tackling anything that moved.
turf

Post by turf »

I've voted for Ainscough as well.

Outstanding. It's that simple!!!! :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well I would have to concur with Mr Dave. In terms of consistency he has been excellent. He was very good v Celts but seemed to be ignored by many fans.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

have to agree with Mr dave and CP, Sean O'loughlin has been the most consistant player this year, ainscough has been very good but made a few mistakes. but o'loughlin has consistantly performed to a good standard.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Its got to be shaun a, even sam T has played better than lockers, not been impressed by him this year at all until last week where he seemed to get back into it, still too quiet at captain for me, need someone to call the plays more
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Aiscough easily. Shown up Noble's unwillingness to give him the odd game last season for the mistake it was.

There really are not many contenders for the accolade of best performer are there! Goes quite a way to explaining why we are where we are.

Dave
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I was the second person to vote for Sean O'loughlin :exc:
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Hanson has come on in the last few games but it has to be shaun a for me .

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

it as got to be Shaun purley and simply because of the impact he as made so far

Loughlin as done quite well ( and you know what i think of him)

Sam tomkins will come on a tonne given time
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White