Noble Sacked???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Noble Sacked???

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

jaws1 wrote:
consigliere wrote:re: the person who would not renew their season ticket if nobby is kept on as coach......just a question...........
why not?...surely you SUPPORT WIGAN RUGBY LEAGUE....im not and never have been a nobby fan but it hasn't stopped me supporting MY team.
did you stop watching wigan when we where nearly relegated a few years back?
That was me and no i did not stop watching them a few years back or the other time we were relegated for that matter as i have watched them for 55 years i just have got to the point that i do not enjoy watching the same dribble over and over again that is being produced under the present coach.Just to add the final straw for me was when Ainscough was dropped for the Crusaders game and Wakefield to be brought back and score 4 tries.
i'd agree with the bit in bold. it was the accompanying reason i didn't renew my ticket. along with the price and work commitments.
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

pedro

Post by pedro »

All 6 of us will not either for the above reasons.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The lack of scrum moves, tap penalty moves has been a real killer for me. I am sick and tired of 1 pass, 1 man charges from scrums.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

the prices increased last year. that wasn't my problem. but if the price increases, i expect the quality of the commodity to increase.

it simply hasn't for 3 years.
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

pedro

Post by pedro »

1 man or Richards?....he goes down on contact also. We now have a standing joke in our household about the Richards scrum move, its laighable the lack of rugby from it.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I also agree I have had no pleasure this season watching the teams style of play, and with no hope that we will improve under Noble`s coaching. We have seen liberated players come to the club only to be incorporated into a boring style of play with no flair.Lets swap Noble and Fielding for the water boy from Bradford.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I posted on here a while back after the first couple of games, how I sat at a game and for the first time in 30 odd years thought I could be enjoying myself doing other things rather than watch the crap being served up..... I also have not took my lad over the past couple of years because I worry it would put him off for life!!!! This also applies when friends hint at coming along I'm too embarrassed that the team may have one of those shockers that have become more regular than a decent performance.
I can go over the old ground of lack of fitness structure gameplan but all it does is frustrate me.
My team will always be part of my life but Im sick of the same boring play and cliches' the Ainscough thing was a joke and not a very funny one.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Glad somebody else agrees with me.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:the prices increased last year. that wasn't my problem. but if the price increases, i expect the quality of the commodity to increase.

it simply hasn't for 3 years.
According to Leneghan we will need another 3 years !
That's something that I am prepared to accept, just as long as it is with a different coach and we are playing in a style that is a bit easier on the eye.

We must also show significant signs of improvement over those 3 years instead of stagnating and us fans having to put up with people quoting all sorts of wierd and wonderful statistics in order to help them try and convince the majority of us that we have actually improved under Nobby (not a view I share BTW)

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I have just read today's column in the Post which has Noble talking about what a great side Saints are. He has stipulated that the key to Saints success is the backbone of their team, what an earth shattering revelation! The question is, has this always been apparent to him or has he just woken up? If it is the former then why has he not developed our team in the same way, he has consistently changed the fullback, half-backs, and hooker. If it is the latter then I dispair!

Saints success over the last few years has always depended on a hard working front row, two half backs that can take advantage of the space they provide, a quality 'outside' centre that makes and scores tries, a skillful No 13 whose ball handling skills complement the half-back pairing and a fullback that chimes into the threequater line to make an overlap. RL is not rocket science it is a simple sport that looks easy when played by good players that are motivated and coached effectively.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards