Wigan v stains

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Re: Wigan v stains

Post by turf »

God wrote:What a great peformance i would have been happy for a hard fought loss but they topped it by blowing Stains away with forward power and a kicking game that Saint themselves would envy.

Tim Smith was outstanding as was Phelps,Gleeson,Coley and Lockers. Brilliant team peformance.
It goes back to the thred is our squad just as good as Saints and Leeds imo it is.

Tactics were spot on for once :D
On the class performance tonight, yes.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Prescott was the pick of the forwards tonight, for me.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Only one negative, Feka needs to recieve the ball 20ft from play of the ball so he can get a head of stem up, also why do we never use him at the opposisitions try line like we used to use Simon Haughton so much, he used to score quite frequently iirc
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

well done lads today we really stuck to a game plan, i hate to say this but nobby really did his home work.

We stopped the stains from playing any were near there style of play.

for me the turning point was when that Sh##e longy tried to go high on phelps and came worst off.

well done to the smith he had his best game for wigan yet and well done to sam tomkins and tommy for taking the game to the stains

i am just waiting for the excuses from the scum about the pitch/ref and the time of kick off.

Stunning game and for once well done the warriors.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

medlocke wrote:Only one negative, Feka needs to recieve the ball 20ft from play of the ball so he can get a head of stem up, also why do we never use him at the opposisitions try line like we used to use Simon Haughton so much, he used to score quite frequently iirc
Feka did, technically, score tonight from close range. Maybe we missed a trick in asking Ganson for a video ref decision if disallowed we'd still have head and feed.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

ancientnloyal wrote:Prescott was the pick of the forwards tonight, for me.
I thought he had the best game I have seen him have for a while. As did everyone I thought though to be fair.
turf

Post by turf »

The referee Steve Ganson, hhmmmmm, where do I begin. He wasn't that bad, his two errors for me where:

1 - Failure to put the square in the air for Feka's effort late in the second half.

2 - Failure by him and his two touch judges to see the forward pass from Long.
ian b

Post by ian b »

I bet stevo,hemmings and ganson are suicidle tonight! :lol:.Even with ten minutes left they were both spouting sh--e about how the stains could still come back,more like wishful bloody thinking.Like everyone has posted wigan were brilliant and never let the scousers play,the forwards were always on top as was the defence.The halfbacks also outclassed that big fairy long!!.Hope they can push on from this :eusa10:
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I`m , in heaven, There is a God
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Tremendous performance by all 8 forwards! It's the first time for ages we've dominated the opposition pack so well, which gave space for Tim, Sam & Tommy to work their magic!
It almost didn't matter who we had in the threequarters.

Big improvement without Riddell, though - McIlorum was excellent in both attack and defence, as were they all.

Just think how much better it would have been if we'd had Ainscough playing though!

Even Fielden did OK, although he was still our 4th best prop.