Wigan v stains

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

Re: Wigan v stains

Post by highland convert »

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the match even if Josie sold me two tickets in the stains area. :lol: Did not spoil my enjoyment. Infact the more we cheered the lower they got in their seats. Constant treck from them to the beer counter. Drowning their sorrows :blush: Spoke to a couple on the way to the bus. Nice lads. Took it well. Fantastic atmosphere. I had the refs radio so listened to ganson all the way through. To be honest he was warning the boys about discipline before some of the insidents. The worst was the three penalties folloed by the try. Pryces try was the only time their defence went to sleep. The numer of sets on the line in the second half the boys repelled was great. I was in the stand above the line so saw the effort. Lockers marshalled the team well directing them arround. Small point but Gleeson and Roberts did not click too well. Maybe SA could do with a run out on that wing. Would never fault their effort. Deserved winners. Stains were not that bad. They were outplayed. Maybe the cup run coulf finish for them next week.
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The key is 3 successive wins. Wakey looked very beatable last time we played them and even though they will raise their game next week, 4 successive wins is a very real possibility and that has not happened for a long time IIRC.

Never anticipated a win v Saints.

Just to keep you all happy :wink: That's only 2 wins out of 10 for Noble in derby matches and we are all 1 day closer to dying than we were yesterday.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Remember CP St Helens were OUTCOACHED :wink:
bruno

Post by bruno »

well done to all the team great win just feel gutted for shaun as he wasnt included in the team keep it up lads we need a win next week
BriH

Post by BriH »

How good was that? We have had to take a lot of stick over the last few years from all the Wigan knockers - Eddie Hemmings etc. So it was a sweet victory; all of a sudden everything seemed to click. Saints had no answer to Wigan's defense and attack. The mark of a good team is when some of the tries look 'easy'.
What made me puke was Eddie Hemmings, with less than 20 minutes to go saying, "But you can never write of 'Super Sizzlin Saints'! Well, my friend, look at the score. Give Stevo his due, he did say the whole team deserved The Man of the Match.
Oh, and finally, is it me or do other people get sick of "Phil "Judas" Clark putting Wigan down? Maybe I'm just a biased Wigan supporter!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Alex Murphy......Jonny Vegas........Pilkington Glass.........Knowlsley Safari Park..........Sean Long..........Bobbie Goulding............Leon Pryce..............KFC...........Agent Millward!

Your boys took one hell of a beating! :lol1:
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

In the words of Corporal Jones "They don't like it up 'em!" :lol:
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Well done, boys, very proud!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:The key is 3 successive wins. Wakey looked very beatable last time we played them and even though they will raise their game next week, 4 successive wins is a very real possibility and that has not happened for a long time IIRC.

Just to keep you all happy :wink: That's only 2 wins out of 10 for Noble in derby matches and we are all 1 day closer to dying than we were yesterday.
yes but we are on a winning streak of 1 in derbies what are sts on lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mike binder wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The key is 3 successive wins. Wakey looked very beatable last time we played them and even though they will raise their game next week, 4 successive wins is a very real possibility and that has not happened for a long time IIRC.

yes but we are on a winning streak of 1 in derbies what are sts on lol
1-1 or the season ;)

We will beat Wakey though and that is far more important.