Trent Barrett

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Trent Barrett

Post by ian b »

well put cp :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He were good but lets face it he weren't amazing
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

I'd rather have Smith :o First third of last season Barrett was work to rule and no more. 2nd third he was injured and finally when he though we might get somewhere or he wanted to inspire Sharks before his homecoming he woke up. Many were shouting put him on the plane long before the end of the season. He was given room on the Fielden pidistool and did not match up to the hype. Good yes but caused as many problems in team ballance as he cured.
Jim
mario

Post by mario »

highland convert wrote:I'd rather have Smith :o First third of last season Barrett was work to rule and no more. 2nd third he was injured and finally when he though we might get somewhere or he wanted to inspire Sharks before his homecoming he woke up. Many were shouting put him on the plane long before the end of the season. He was given room on the Fielden pidistool and did not match up to the hype. Good yes but caused as many problems in team ballance as he cured.
Jim
Correct! And like Fielden, a few good games at the end of the season and the C**P that he served up for most of the season is forgotten. At best he is world class, but sometimes he might as well not be there!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

highland convert wrote:I'd rather have Smith :o First third of last season Barrett was work to rule and no more. 2nd third he was injured and finally when he though we might get somewhere or he wanted to inspire Sharks before his homecoming he woke up. Many were shouting put him on the plane long before the end of the season. He was given room on the Fielden pidistool and did not match up to the hype. Good yes but caused as many problems in team ballance as he cured.
Jim
:lol: Embarassing.

How many games did you watch Jim?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mario wrote:
Jim
Correct! And like Fielden, a few good games at the end of the season and the C**P that he served up for most of the season is forgotten. At best he is world class, but sometimes he might as well not be there!
Surely we should have dropped him then if he was so bad?
highland convert

Enough to see he was not a team player.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Trent was the best player at wigan since Farrell by far.

Every player i#ve heard speak about him has commented about how much they learnt fronm him.

Put him ino this years team and we would have been far harder to beat.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:He were good but lets face it he weren't amazing
That unamazing that he was the best player in SL in 2007 by a long mile.
We all know who got top accolade that season, but we also know who was the best player, even Stains fans choked to admit it.
highland convert

Sorry but not if it was the Barrett I watched last night. He was similar to Barrett at the start of last season. The flair of the first season was just not there. It is like his mind was not on the game. Win a few and we are very forgiving. But I think this thread is about right. His RL brain is in tune but his body does not want to know. When he comes alive yes he is Magic. However periods he is just not there.
Jim