Trent Barrett

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

Re: Trent Barrett

Post by highland convert »

cpwigan wrote:
highland convert wrote:Enough to see he was not a team player.
Stop embarassing yourself Jim

You have seen 2 live RL games involving Wigan and you disected the season and described Trent's contribution in sections based at time on what 2 games per section on SKY. I hope you are never called up for jury service, if it exists in Scotland. You have a very rudimentary knowledge and understanding of RL yet you castigate a world class player and try to evade exposing how scant your observations are that your so called view is based upon. You then dig a gigantic hole by describing him not as a team player despite players/young players offering repeated tetimony to how much he offered to them. His leadership after the farcical fans forum showed just how much a team player he was.

I despair at such comments.
I refer to what I saw re sky admittedly. I cannot speak for what he offered off the field obviously. That probably levels with lot of fans on here or one reason or another. However I can only write as I see it. The number of times I saw the the game bog down round Barrett led me that conclussion. Whether he could not use the team or viseversa I don't know. I will state that the games played and won while he was injured and everybody was saying put him on the plane were better to watch. Far more co-ordinated than the games in the first part of the season. That led to my previous post when I said he worked to rule for the first third of the season. If he started as he finished we would have been a lot higher. That suggests he could but didn't. What does that suggest to you when he was not prepared to raise his game for the rest of the team. A team player. I think not, Jim
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

highland convert wrote: However I can only write as I see it. The number of times I saw the the game bog down round Barrett led me that conclussion. Whether he could not use the team or viseversa I don't know.
Get booged down around Barrett? Sorry but you are making this up.
I will state that the games played and won while he was injured and everybody was saying put him on the plane were better to watch.
How many games was he out for, who were they against, how many of those games did we win and how many games did we win with him in the side? Over the two years that is.
Far more co-ordinated than the games in the first part of the season. That led to my previous post when I said he worked to rule for the first third of the season.
Worked to rule? What are you suggesting now? I don't undersdtand it.
If he started as he finished we would have been a lot higher. That suggests he could but didn't. What does that suggest to you when he was not prepared to raise his game for the rest of the team. A team player. I think not, Jim
You are making it up. You are suggesting any loss of form was deliberate and that he wasn't prepared to play as well as he could for rhe team. This is baseless.

You are very quick to condemn Barrett on what seems to be simply a handful of games he was out for that we may have won. You have no idea how well we would have gone had he played in those games.

Yet when presented with the hard evidence of Noble's poor record over three years you refuse to admit he is not such a great coach and come on here claiming you were right and everyone else was wrong on the back of one win v Saints.

You are very quick to judge when it suits your argument it seems.

Dave
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Shaun1967 wrote:
mike binder wrote: were did we finish ????
With Barrett in the team, 4th and 6th.
it was really 2 4th places. we earned enough points on the field to finish 4th in 07, but the salary cap deduction knocked us down to 6th.
barrett may not have produced his best form every week but who does? he was though an absolute winner who could force a result in a tight game. thats why i think we would be in the top 4 if he was still here. we would have found a way to some of the close games we have lost.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:He were good but lets face it he weren't amazing
That unamazing that he was the best player in SL in 2007 by a long mile.
We all know who got top accolade that season, but we also know who was the best player, even Stains fans choked to admit it.
It was Jason Demetriou :exc:

If I was mischevious I would change that to Lockers just for you Meds :wink:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

superleague wrote:i agree cp, some on here are as deluded as noble
And some need to take their Cherry & White tinted goggles off once in a while
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

medlocke wrote:
superleague wrote:i agree cp, some on here are as deluded as noble
And some need to take their Cherry & White tinted goggles off once in a while
By that I take it you mean half the time they see red and then turn white :)