New Vote: Noble Out?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

New Vote: Noble Out?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Click the link below to see whether you think Brian Noble should still leave the club. We have had a run of 3 wins and scored around 40 points in each, especially with our best display in 5 years against St Helens. We still have this 'new start' saga over our heads which we have seen many times before but is it really time that this Wigan squad is beginning to blossom?

The last vote at the end of February saw 68% of users who voted wanting to see Noble leave Wigan - 32% disagreed.

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/?s=VOTE&o=566555
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
eccywarrior

Re: New Vote: Noble Out?

Post by eccywarrior »

i voted no but at moment im not sure. lets see how far we get in cup before deciding because a lot of noble haters will soon change there mind if we got to wembley and won.
IN WANE WE TRUST
turf

Post by turf »

I have voted "undecided".
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

eccywarrior wrote:i voted no but at moment im not sure. lets see how far we get in cup before deciding because a lot of noble haters will soon change there mind if we got to wembley and won.
I didn't think there were any Noble "haters" as such, doubters maybe but hate is far too strong a word.

As to changing my mind if we won the cup I still would not be convinced unless this coincided with consistency in the league and Noble not alienating the likes of Ainscough and McIllorum by picking his established players regardless.

There is more than the simply results issue in finals that leads me to form my opinion on Noble as a coach. It the whole season and how it pans out that is important to me.

The cup like the playoffs require only a handful of victories to get to the final and win it which is one reason why I doubt you will ever see a team dominate like Wigan did. Knock out competitions are by their nature competitions that are ultimately decided by one match so it is going to take a lot of luck for teams to dominate consistently. Luck with injuries for the finals and semi finals and so on. So since we moved to both competitions being knock outs I have always told myself winning one of them is a bonus and there is little reward for consistency as there used to be with the league.

However despite that, what I want to see IS some consistency in the league. The league is what I pay my season ticket money to watch and for the last two years it has been very poor value and frankly just not very enjoyable. I also want to see players like Ainscough, McIllorum and Goulding not dropped when things go badly when other more established players are equally if not more to blame.

So Noble has probably got himself to the end of the season with the win over Saints but for me to change my opinion that sort of form has got to the norm from here on in. No more false dawns. If he can achieve that then we will also stand more chance in both cup competitions as we will actually be a good side.

Dave
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

yes for me at the moment, but if silver ware was secured this term i'd give him a one year extension to see if he could reproduce it
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

same as medlocke for me
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

I hardly thing 15 votes is a representative view of the 10,000 ST holders. There is a bandwagon rolling by people who can't understand that no team is going to be forever dominant in the competion. Noble has done and will continue to do a good job dispite the critics. If those critics have a better answer tel Mick Hogan and maybe he will impliment it. I would have given Noble a two year extention a week ago. I am not too keen on him as a coach (attitude) but I accept him as a good RL coach.
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

They are entitled to their view Jim. Any opinion poll is a sample. Did you not like the way they voted :wink:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ideally i'd like 101 votes. but it isnt going to happen. if we get to 100 i will hang my head in shame as then it wouldnt be a good poll.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:I hardly thing 15 votes is a representative view of the 10,000 ST holders. There is a bandwagon rolling by people who can't understand that no team is going to be forever dominant in the competion. Noble has done and will continue to do a good job dispite the critics.
I wish you'd explain exactly why you think he's done such a good job, Jim. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, as are we all, but on what criteria do you base it?

Results, which have been getting steadily worse over the three years, despite last Saturday's?

Youth development, which is practically non-existent?

Club morale, of which the least said the better?

Entertainment on the pitch, the lack of which is reflected in the steadily decreasing attendances since 2006?

Consistent performances, the lack of which infuriates us all?

Selection on form, rather than country of origin?
If those critics have a better answer tel Mick Hogan and maybe he will impliment it. I would have given Noble a two year extention a week ago. I am not too keen on him as a coach (attitude) but I accept him as a good RL coach.
Jim
There have been plenty of constructive ideas amongst the criticisms.

I'd love Nobby to stay as long as all of the above points were addressed.

At present, though, we remain in the bottom half of the table, having played more games than anyone else.