anyone else gonna buy...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: anyone else gonna buy...

Post by gpartin »

yoda warrior wrote:never had one of these before, but sounds like a good idea, although am i the only one whose enjoyment of live tv games is being ruined by the referee shouting 'MOVE' at EVERY ruck throughout the game? it's soooo irritating!
No, you most certainly aren't. I can't stand it.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

gpartin wrote:
yoda warrior wrote:never had one of these before, but sounds like a good idea, although am i the only one whose enjoyment of live tv games is being ruined by the referee shouting 'MOVE' at EVERY ruck throughout the game? it's soooo irritating!
i wouldn't mind so much if it helped. players now think they can lay on the tackle until the ref shouts move, and then get off slowly. couldn't say how long they've been doing it but i think it's slowing the game down. bill harrigan was the best ref i've seen and he just used to shout the tackle number when it was complete. surely there should be far more onus on the players to know when the tackle is complete.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

gpartin wrote:
It works, players need guidance and that's what the referee's for. It's amazing how responsive players are to MOVE. It may sound repeatative, it feels it shouting it, but it works so can't knock it.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

[quote="robjoen

It works, players need guidance and that's what the referee's for. It's amazing how responsive players are to MOVE. It may sound repeatative, it feels it shouting it, but it works so can't knock it.
before they started doing this players knew when the tackle was complete and the game was faster. now they know they can lie there until he shouts move and THEN start to get off.if the referee has to shout move ,2 or 3 seconds after the tackle is completed, they should be giving a penalty.
maybe its just me, but there seems to be more messing at the ptb this season, possibly a rection to the world cup. if thats the case then we are a few years behind again as nrl has 2 refs now and by all accounts and cleaned up and sped up the ruck.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i will get one if i can converse with the ref and tell him exactly what i think

be he good or be he bad or indiferent
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

robjoenz wrote:
gpartin wrote:
That's not my point Rob, it doesn't need to be miked so you can hear it on Sky, I find it iritating and my mother in law who I had just got into watching rugby won't watch anymore because it annoys her so much.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."