Coley No Try Decision

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
botica

Coley No Try Decision

Post by botica »

We have discussed this in our house all weekend and wonder what the rest thought of the no try decision.

I thought it was a try and that the ball carrier lost the ball.

BUT say the ball steal was correct?? How bad was the referee for not blowing up at the point it happened?

If he had seen it, which he or a TJ must have or he wouldn't have gone to the video ref, a)what would he have done in the absence of a video ref and b) what if we hadn't scored, Wakefield would have been without a much needed penelty.

The decisions all over the pitch today were odd to say the least, to both sides too, but when the rub of the green could have gone anyway, it never went Wigans. I think Phil Bentham is possibly the worst referee on the circuit at the moment and dare i say, Ganson is quite high up there.... :conf:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
yoda warrior

Re: Coley No Try Decision

Post by yoda warrior »

i thought it should have been given. there was an argument that coley deliberatly stole the ball, but grix was being pushed backwards with the ball in one hand over a wigan players back. it was asking to be knocked out. in that situation, any pressure on the ball would force it loose. i guess there were good arguments for and against, but thats my opinion.
02rinman

Post by 02rinman »

TRY
WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN!!!!!
Pharabus

Post by Pharabus »

to be honest, to me it looked like the ball was coming free and Coley grabbed it. not sure if that counts as a steal or not
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Pharabus wrote:to be honest, to me it looked like the ball was coming free and Coley grabbed it. not sure if that counts as a steal or not
I agree. I thought at the time that he released it before Coley caught it.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

it as a try
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
4bobs

Post by 4bobs »

Wakey player Grix had bad idea to lift ball up - probably would have lost ball anyway, but have to say it was Coley's left hand that knocked ball out. 3 on 1 tackle. Close call, but no try. If a stains player had done that last weekend to one of our guys we'd be saying no try.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

when it happens to us the 2 muppets on sky always say we should protect the ball,the ball was loose so coley took it he didn't rip it out so it should have been a try
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Probably a 50/50 decision the ball came free and Coley caught it. There is some question as to whether Coley knocked the ball out with his other hand but at normal speed the Wakefield players seems to loose the ball trying to offload.

What ever happened to benefit of the doubt to the attacking side?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

MrDave wrote:Probably a 50/50 decision the ball came free and Coley caught it. There is some question as to whether Coley knocked the ball out with his other hand but at normal speed the Wakefield players seems to loose the ball trying to offload.

What ever happened to benefit of the doubt to the attacking side?
You forget, Mr Dave, that rule only applies to teams playing against Wigan :wink: [/u]