Wigan 12 - Hull KR 20 - Match Reaction

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Wigan 12 - Hull KR 20 - Match Reaction

Post by ian b »

high risk maybe but little grubbers and high bombs win games in wet conditions.Never mind we will just have to take it out on wire next week :lol:
jammie

Post by jammie »

well if what you are saying rob is that you can only here back ground noise in the ear piece and the other officals,why did the touch judge on the west stand touch line not tell silverwood that the hooter had gone either when the tackle was complete or in the next few seconds before the try was scored becaues he definatly would have heard it? or did silverwood just choose to ignore it?
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

turf

Post by turf »

jammie wrote:well if what you are saying rob is that you can only here back ground noise in the ear piece and the other officals,why did the touch judge on the west stand touch line not tell silverwood that the hooter had gone either when the tackle was complete or in the next few seconds before the try was scored becaues he definatly would have heard it? or did silverwood just choose to ignore it?
That is probably the case. If so, it should be investigated. It probably won't be though, probably just wishful thinking.
turf

Post by turf »

ian b wrote:high risk maybe but little grubbers and high bombs win games in wet conditions.Never mind we will just have to take it out on wire next week :lol:
As long as Warington don't have RS on their team sheet!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

i thought the ref was poor but did not cost us the game, it was the constant dropping of the ball, and looking clueless in attack for the most part, i knew after they went 18-12 up that we wouldnt come back as we were witout ideas when close to the line, playing one man rugby with no dummy runners and when we did try to pass the ball we either knocked on or the pass went nowhere. it had a similar feel to the saints game, all effert but without the clinicl touch. hull kr were well organised and knew what they were doing.

the forwards played well. as we was outplaying there pack but couldnt do anything with it. mcifloorum (as he should be known :) ) was superb especially with that try saving tckle and that huge hit. lockers was class and leuleai should some class. roberts did bery well to stop that try early on, smith played prety well until they went ahead and seemed to have killed his spirit.

I dontknow riddell played instead of played instead of tomkins. tomkins would have played well tonight, with his speed and elusivness would give the spark needed for the win.

all in all thought ref was poor but the team was a reason why we lost.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:well if what you are saying rob is that you can only here back ground noise in the ear piece and the other officals,why did the touch judge on the west stand touch line not tell silverwood that the hooter had gone either when the tackle was complete or in the next few seconds before the try was scored becaues he definatly would have heard it? or did silverwood just choose to ignore it?
The TJ has an earpiece too.

I don't think the hooter sound helps particularly, it starts quieter, gets louder and then goes quieter again.
turf

Post by turf »

Mr Stu wrote:i thought the ref was poor but did not cost us the game, it was the constant dropping of the ball, and looking clueless in attack for the most part, i knew after they went 18-12 up that we wouldnt come back as we were witout ideas when close to the line, playing one man rugby with no dummy runners and when we did try to pass the ball we either knocked on or the pass went nowhere. it had a similar feel to the saints game, all effert but without the clinicl touch. hull kr were well organised and knew what they were doing.

the forwards played well. as we was outplaying there pack but couldnt do anything with it. mcifloorum (as he should be known :) ) was superb especially with that try saving tckle and that huge hit. lockers was class and leuleai should some class. roberts did bery well to stop that try early on, smith played prety well until they went ahead and seemed to have killed his spirit.

I dontknow riddell played instead of played instead of tomkins. tomkins would have played well tonight, with his speed and elusivness would give the spark needed for the win.

all in all thought ref was poor but the team was a reason why we lost.
We could debate this forever, did he didn't he. He cost us a draw at the very least, if not a possible win, I didn't think we where that bad but the cnditions where worse.

Not helped by a caining in the penalties and wrong decisiosn.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Sometimes there may be benefits from sounding off against officials in public as Saints and HKR have found to their advantage. By the way, Stuart Cummings was at the ground tonight in the TV gantry above the west stand.

For what it's worth we didn't lose tonight because of the disregard for the rules when the half time hooter sounded. We didn't have the composure to grind out a result in those conditions. I think a draw would have been a fair result, and I'm just glad we didn't suffer the injustice of losing by 6 points after what happened at half time.

Just one small point - in the last ten minutes we had Hock, Feka, and McCllorum all taken from the field with cuts. We sent subs on for them instead of using them as blood bins. When Prescott then recieved a further cut we had to spend 5 minutes playing with 12 men. Although we had run out of fit bodies, on another day this could have been different and we would have had no subs left. Is this wise?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:I'd have liked to see a bit more consistency in the policing of the high tackle rule, too.
So would I. Thought he was poor on that.

As to the hooter the players knew it had gone. Why didn't the ref?

Ridiculous.

Dave
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Reevezie 2.0.0.8 wrote:
fred_flintstone wrote:Oh, and whoever added-up the crowd needs to sort themselves out; there was at least 9700 KR fans in the North Stand alone.
Its a big stand that North Stand..... LOL :lol:
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk