Good signing: St Helens

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Good signing: St Helens

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Saints certainly go about getting top class players.
We get players with top class baggage.
Prior to signing Gleeson, if Wigan had announced this man as our signing, I would have been rubbing our hands together with glee instead of rubbing my head with bewilderment.
Come on Wigan, liven up.
What has Lenehan been doing with all his time in Australia, not grasping good players thats for sure.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

fantastic signing, had a great game in the anzac test the other day...

always liked him , hes a direct player with good ball skills... ( not the type leon is known for though ) :lol:
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

How can they afford him under the salary cap, its so annoying!

dam them :roll:
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

its shocking how stains sign young big strong athletic type players and we get oap whos body been battered.
IN WANE WE TRUST
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Strong rumours that Gidley will leave them at the end of the season, possibly to Newcastle Knights.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

cherrywarrior wrote:How can they afford him under the salary cap, its so annoying!

saints have lost 3 or 4 squad players at the end of the season for the last few years and have only brought in 1 big signing. people asked the same question when they signed puletua but they've got fozzard, smith, tyrer and probably others i can't remember, off their wage bill this season. i imagine the same will happen at the end of this season to accommodate soliola, who is an excellent signing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

yoda warrior wrote:
cherrywarrior wrote:How can they afford him under the salary cap, its so annoying!

saints have lost 3 or 4 squad players at the end of the season for the last few years and have only brought in 1 big signing. people asked the same question when they signed puletua but they've got fozzard, smith, tyrer and probably others i can't remember, off their wage bill this season. i imagine the same will happen at the end of this season to accommodate soliola, who is an excellent signing.
They seem to be going about things the right way though. They lost Lyon and got Gidley, they may lose Gidely (God help us if they don't) and now get this chap.

We on the other hand sign Gleeson who while a good player is 29 years old at the end of this month and have Carmont who is 31 at the end of next month.

Saints new player is 22 and already a test standard player.

Mind you if he had come here Noble wouldn't play him because at 22 I am sure he'd be considered too young and "duty of care" would come into it :doz:

I can't help thinking our recruitment isn't a patch on Saints and now the image rights thing has blown up they can't still be adopting that ruse to make the salary cap go further.

We don't seem to be spotting players like this and other sides are making moves now for 2010 to sign the best overseas players.

Dave

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

eccywarrior wrote:its shocking how stains sign young big strong athletic type players and we get oap whos body been battered.
Lenehan must have been siiting in Australia drinking tinnies and taking days out shooting Roos.
One thhing he wast doing was looking for good young kids to sign up.
IMO, the man is a waste of space. We get Gleeson (OAP)
From Oz we get Smith (Bi-Polar).

Wake up and give yourself a shake Lenehan.
Where is the super star you mentioned after the humiliating defeat at the last Cardiff Millenium.