Luke and Hodgy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Luke and Hodgy

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Actually i never quoted stevo, he may have said it before but thats what i think guisset has been doing for us, i for one cant take you seriously we never saw you around when we were winning and now we've lost one your suddenly back claiming nobodys good enough and everybody should be fired, i think you'll find the only problem you have with the wigan team at the moment is your self and you are too blind to see that we have an incredibly young and inexperienced squad and due to it being very near the start of a new season here and in aus we are unable to just take players off contract now.
Guisset may have a been one of the only good players available but he has been amazing from the first game he put a wigan shirt on, he is one of many players to run out with pride no matter what the situation, he could have given up at huddersfield but was there to give us a more creditable scoreline. He wanted to try his hand at union so it wasnt liked he had no other option, but decided it was the wrong option for him and now is back where he belongs and i'm glad its in a wigan shirt.
:angry: Are you related to Doris ????
No i'm just getting pretty annoyed at the fact you are dissing one of the few best players from our team this season, and dont say its voicing your opinions its blatantly dissing a fantastic player. unlike you i can see past our scrappy performances and what real talent is there.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Guisset has done what he is paid to do no more.
If he wasn't doing his job, he could justifiably be criticised. But you're saying he IS doing his job, so what more do you want from him - opera singing at half time?
Why not when hes playing as well.....maybe he could do pre-match and half time entertainment, do all the announcements and why hes at it, do it all in french!!
keep him away from the pies though - don't really fancy meyt, prater n garlic!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Fraggle posted: If he wasn't doing his job, he could justifiably be criticised. But you're saying he IS doing his job, so what more do you want from him - opera singing at half time?
Why not when hes playing as well.....maybe he could do pre-match and half time entertainment, do all the announcements and why hes at it, do it all in french!!
keep him away from the pies though - don't really fancy meyt, prater n garlic!!
I quite like the sound of that myself, but then I got used to French food when I lived over there. But it's maybe not a bad idea for the players, it might put off would-be tacklers if our lads breathed garlic at them...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
If he wasn't doing his job, he could justifiably be criticised. But you're saying he IS doing his job, so what more do you want from him - opera singing at half time?
Thats true Fraggle he gets paid to do a job and if hes said hes done it why is he criticising him? :conf: And on the topic of a ridiculous rumour of anderson taking over what has dennis done wrong? Hes had us an inch away from the grand final and hes been pulling wins out of the bag for us.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

warrior till i die posted:
Fraggle posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
Thats true Fraggle he gets paid to do a job and if hes said hes done it why is he criticising him? :conf: And on the topic of a ridiculous rumour of anderson taking over what has dennis done wrong? Hes had us an inch away from the grand final and hes been pulling wins out of the bag for us.
:angry: But thats my point, again, 'pulling wins out of the bag' is merely a lucky, coincedental, or chance 'thing' Betts tactics are baffling at times, with players running around without direction, sometimes it works, sometimes it does'nt.

On Guisset, the number of people commenting on his 'greatness' bewilders me, IMO he's done OK, in a normal season he would'nt get a run out, this season he's player of the year ???
Something not quite right here, if we/Betts accept this we will get what we deserve ....nothing, another trophyless season, but loads of excuses !!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: But thats my point, again, 'pulling wins out of the bag' is merely a lucky, coincedental, or chance 'thing'
And that's a problem because... why? Every team needs luck, a 50/50 decision from the ref, a lucky bounce of the odd-shaped ball, a mistake from an opposition player. In terms of ability the top teams are very evenly matched these days, and rightly so, but this means teams have to rely on something a bit different to get an edge. Betts can change his tactics for a particular opposition, but if that opposition coach has also changed his tactics then the end result is the same, no advantage to us or indeed you might claim Betts has been out-thought by his opponent. That happens to everyone in every sport (I'm not a soccer fan, but noticed in the paper the Man Utd/Norwich result from the other day). Surely you're not one of these anachronisms who think Wigan have a divine right to win everything because they are superior to every other team? The sport isn't like that anymore, the other teams have caught up tactically and financially, and it makes for a better sport if not a better trophy cabinet for us.
Betts tactics are baffling at times, with players running around without direction, sometimes it works, sometimes it does'nt.
But you're forgetting there are supposed to be players on the field able to direct themselves. It's not Subutteo, or a computer game with Betts moving players around with a mouse. The players have to take some responsibility themselves. Betts doesn't drop the ball, go in late for a tackle, throw a dodgy pass that gets intercepted (Betts, to my recollection, never threw a pass to ANYONE in his entire career!) or kick directly at an opposition player.
On Guisset, the number of people commenting on his 'greatness' bewilders me, IMO he's done OK, in a normal season he would'nt get a run out, this season he's player of the year ???
I've not seen enough of him this season, but in recent times we've had the spectacularly unspectacular Mestrov, Bibey, Malam and Goldspink amongst our props. The bits of seen of Guisset for Wigan and from his time at Warrington, he's more than an equal of those players.
Something not quite right here, if we/Betts accept this we will get what we deserve ....nothing, another trophyless season, but loads of excuses !!!!!
And if, as you claim, Betts gets replaced by Anderson, will anything change? I say no. Maurice will still pick the new players, the players on the pitch will still make mistakes and the other teams will continue to win games against us because they have players and coaches who think differently to ours. After the 98 Grand Final, we were absolutely shocking in 99. Who was in charge? Arguably the best coach this club has ever seen, John Monie. Even he couldn't guarantee success, so there's no reason to believe Anderson, who's been out of the game for a while now, would be any different.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]