Why cant a ref say sorry

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Why cant a ref say sorry

Post by ian b »

He wont say sorry mike cos he's a useless tosser :)
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

at least one of the officiating team heard it because the game didn't restart after the try. so in that case, whoever heard it didn't tell the ref it had gone, which they could have(they're all connected by radio right?), or they think the ball was played before the hooter, which i think the video will prove didn't happen. so either way, they can't have an excuse. i very rarely criticise a referee, but that decision was a huge error.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

the hooter should be blasted throught the ref's earpiece as well, just to ensure that it is heard.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

watched SL show on BBC today

Very clearly tackled whilst hooter sounding.

Gets up and allowed to play ball, even though hooter sounded and can be clearly heard on TV

He was a complete P**** on Friday

All round display was poor. I dont think there was one scrum that packed down and was allowed to go without him interfering

Both sides allowed to lie up offside, although he didn't get KR back the 10 for the 1st 3 tackles of any set of 6, only managed about 7metres

Another bug bear of mine this year is the tackler / charger when someone is kicking the ball upfield. I thought you weren't allowed to touch them or it was a penalty and 10 in the bin

In more than one match this year the teams have used tactics to take the kicker out, but nothing done about it. One of the KR players come worst of with TL on Friday, but it starts to get other niggles into the game and a ref who cant control it ala friday spoils what should was the making of a good game in poor conditions

All in all though he was poor and as far as I am aware hasn't yet had the decency to apologise for his screw up, but neither will Cummins as he was a clown when he refereed
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Hull KR went top of the Super League, with a little help from referee Richard Silverwood during their otherwise admirable 20-12 victory at Wigan. Possibly some ear wax had been dislodged on the flight back from Brisbane where Mr Silverwood took charge of last week's Australia v New Zealand Test, because he failed to hear the half-time siren - unlike 13,000-odd other people, I should add. I'm not sure about the decibel levels with these things but I find the Wigan hooter the noisest in the business. I jump out of my seat 20 yards away. Rovers' Daniel Fitzhenry had been held up near the line when it screamed out. There was no whistle from the unwitting Mr Silverwood, nor any move by him to disallow Michael Dobson's try on the next play that helped level the score at the break, to the fury of the home supporters. "Never mind get your eyes tested Silverwood," someone in the crowd shouted. "Get your ears syringed."

UPDATE: RFL referees controller Stuart Cummings believes Wigan should invest in a LOUDER hooter. He told League Express on Monday: "Richard didn't hear it. This isn't the first time this has happened at Wigan. They need a louder hooter."
http://timesonline.typepad.com/rugby_le ... ther-.html
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

lets stop pussy footing about here

he heard it

and he is bent

end of
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

He also gave the 40-20 in the second half, when Dobson was stood inside the centre circle. He only gave it because the KR fans shouted.

As for the hooter, i was under the East stand getting the kids ready for the half time match, there was 80 kids all screaming and we all heard it because we knew it was time to go on.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

luke_robinsons_ angel wrote:the hooter should be blasted throught the ref's earpiece as well, just to ensure that it is heard.
Give over, that would wake the bugger up! :D
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

What a joker Cummins is, between 4 officials at the same end of the field non of them heard it? B0$$ox is what i say to that. If this has happened before at wigan then why has noone fron the RFL informed the club to sort it. Cummins is clearly covering the ass of his incompitent team of fools.

:angry: :angry:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

First Try Tickle wrote:He also gave the 40-20 in the second half, when Dobson was stood inside the centre circle. He only gave it because the KR fans shouted.

It was the West side tj that gave that 40-20 decision, though. Still wrong, I'm pretty sure, but not entirely Silverwood's fault.