Atmosphere at JJB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: Atmosphere at JJB

Post by KOOCH »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I thought it was decent v KR vgood v Saints and poor the rest of the matches. I was shocked how poor the attendance was and maybe many fans have lost faith etc.
Possibly, but more likely many fans are skint. I know that's why I wasn't there on Friday, and why I haven't been to as many games this year. I can't affor the £80:00 to £100:00 it costs me to go to a game.
I suppose that I am fortunate in that I have a wife who whilst not liking rugby or supporting it.Does support me in every respect.She recognises that I want and need to support my team.And as a consequence often pays for my petrol(not a cheap outing especially when we lose) on a regular basis.I myself travel a round journey of 186 miles.Often in miserable conditions down the M6.Even more miserable when we lose.As is often the case.So do understand the problems faced by many fans.Hope things improve quickly. :D
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

what odds would you get before the season starts on us losing to Hull KR, Wakefield, Castleford and Hudersfield. We've lost 5 out of 7. This is the reason why theres no atmosphere and a poor crowd.

I was sat there dumbstruck as i was witnessing another defeat, but I'll be screaming my head off on Friday.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Its because at away games all the noisey fans are stuck together in the same little stands, when were at the JJB were are all over the shop, hence diluting the noice....
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i blame the ref .he wanted us to be quite in the 2nd half ,so he could hear everything
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder wrote:i blame the ref .he wanted us to be quite in the 2nd half ,so he could hear everything
:D :D

He could hear us all booing him well enough!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote:
Crowd was poor, when you consider about 2.5k from KR
I was informed that there were 1,700 HKR supporters!! not as many as they usually bring.

We still had the highest attendance at the weekend tho' :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

the atmosphere in the first half was great but the second half it died.

and who ever leaves before the final whistle should be ashamed. i have never walked out before the end even when we got beat by Huddersfield last year i still didnt.
especially if youv'e paid the match day fee

anyway if we have an atmosphere like we did in the 1st half we may get the team up
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

if we start cheering more in the west stand the ref will never hear the hooter(good excuse for him)
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

we have blamed the coach,the owner,the players, and now the atmosphere,and the west stand,if the west stand supporters did not pay the highest seat prices,the club could not buy inferior players its the players to blame they are on the pitch playing the game.