Hooter, Tomkins and Ainscough the media view

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Hooter, Tomkins and Ainscough the media view

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
GeoffN

Re: Hooter, Tomkins and Ainscough the media view

Post by GeoffN »

Excellent article, and this bit alone deserves quoting:
Something that might have changed that would have been some extra strike-power on the Wigan bench. If they can't be trusted to start games, surely there's a role from the bench for an Ainscough or a Sam Tomkins. Running low to the ground in conditions like Friday night's, either one of them could have been devastating.

I see this week that the wing sensation of two years ago, Kevin Penny, has gone to Widnes to get a game. Am I alone in finding it rather depressing that, given the general dearth of talent in the outside backs, neither of the two most exciting attackers in the game can't get a run in Super League.

Of course they have defensive weaknesses, but the last time he let a try in he scored four by way of compensation. Following that logic, Brian Bevan wouldn't have got a game.
I wonder if he reads this message board...?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Last season (or was it the season before!?) Wire and Saints met in the cup and Penny gifted Saints a try BUT it was after scoring a try I thought was one of the the best since Offiah went past Tait in the challenge cup final.

It began behind the Wire try line and went the length of the pitch.

I am very much focused as a supporter on Wigan and GB/England and tend not to care a great deal about what happens in other matches so it takes a lot to get me shouting at the TV when Wigan are not on but that try did and could not have been scored by anyone else at the time.

It was superb.

It is what I like to see in this game and players like Penny and Ainscough have "something" about them that ought not to be cast aside for the odd defensive lapse.

Dave

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I wonder whether the failure of Mr Silverwood to hear the horn has anything to do with one ear being stuffed full of technology.
jammie

Post by jammie »

then that technology should have been used to tell deaf lugs the bloody hooter had gone. :angry: :angry:
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:then that technology should have been used to tell deaf lugs the bloody hooter had gone. :angry: :angry:
The problem was neither of the touch judges heard it either and there's only the three of them connected up.

Another argument is to not use the technology but then that's taking one step forward and two back.
jammie

Post by jammie »

well wtih you being a referee rob,do you think he should he should question his decision, and do you think he should say sorry i made a mistake?because i don't think he is sorry and am sick of referees being beyond reproach.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:well wtih you being a referee rob,do you think he should he should question his decision, and do you think he should say sorry i made a mistake?because i don't think he is sorry and am sick of referees being beyond reproach.
In some cases, yes, I think referees should hold their hands up and say they made a mistake. In this instance I honestly believe that he didn't hear the hooter, in which case it's not a mistake it's just an unfortunate event.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

robjoenz wrote:
jammie wrote:well wtih you being a referee rob,do you think he should he should question his decision, and do you think he should say sorry i made a mistake?because i don't think he is sorry and am sick of referees being beyond reproach.
In some cases, yes, I think referees should hold their hands up and say they made a mistake. In this instance I honestly believe that he didn't hear the hooter, in which case it's not a mistake it's just an unfortunate event.
I can not believe you CAN believe that that hooter sounds like an airaid alarm!!! :conf:
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

robjoenz wrote:
jammie wrote:then that technology should have been used to tell deaf lugs the bloody hooter had gone. :angry: :angry:
The problem was neither of the touch judges heard it either and there's only the three of them connected up.

Another argument is to not use the technology but then that's taking one step forward and two back.
rob please read my response to this on the cummings, mp's etc thread and tell me what you think. ta.