PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SACK NOBLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SACK NOBLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by turf »

yoda warrior wrote:maybe a change is due at the end of the year, but sacking him now would be stupid. we're still a chance in both comps, and bringing someone in now who would change the way we play is not the answer. we are losing plenty of games, but we're not that far off being a good team.
More like sensible, rather than stupid.
jammie

Post by jammie »

if noble stays can i buy a half season ticket for the first half of next season,with an option to buy the second half performance related?now there's a question for mick hogan. :( :( :(
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

yoda warrior wrote:maybe a change is due at the end of the year, but sacking him now would be stupid. we're still a chance in both comps, and bringing someone in now who would change the way we play is not the answer. we are losing plenty of games, but we're not that far off being a good team.
Doesn't the bit in Bold mean the bit in Italics is wrong?

There comes a time when a losing coach does more harm than good by remaining involved in the side. If I had any confidence Noble was doing things right such as the way he handles the young players then OK but I am worried he is actually harming the team with his tactics and policies.

It's not just that I can't see any progress under him I am concerned about what he is doing to the team.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He will not be sacked. I can only see a cup defeat pushing IL over the edge. He will finish the season and hopefully IL has somebody in place to replace him.

I find Noble's constant harping re I need a new contract irritating.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Its not Nobbys fault that Fielden and Coley , as does Westwood for the Wire, keep givin away stupid penalties that cost your team dearly. :cool:
Nobby is a great coach, and a kind gentleman too.

It ain't his doing that Lyndsey and Whelan busted, (i like to use the word 'cheated' myself) the salary cap when signing Fielden to avoid relegation and so had a reduced salary cap last and this season because of the alledged deferred wages on his contract!

So in real terms your still running with a less salary cap so dont expect to be in the elite just yet with a smaller squad!

Or perhaps im wrong? :blush:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think tonights game was a very close call but i feel that the difference was at coaching level. The effort was the same from both sides and it was a real tough encounter but you can see what belief smith has put in the wire players ritchie mathers is a perfect example smiht has got more out of him in 2 weeks than noble did in all his time at wigan.

Noble seems unable to unlock the full potential of players in the same way that coaches like kear and smith do. Wire look 100% better than they have, for one they can actually defend now something they were incapable of doing for the last few seasons.

Noble is the most un-pragmatic coach in the world his subs are by the clock and not on whats happening on the pitch.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

primrose-n-blue wrote:Its not Nobbys fault that Fielden and Coley , as does Westwood for the Wire, keep givin away stupid penalties that cost your team dearly. :cool:

It ain't his doing that Lyndsey and Whelan busted, (i like to use the word 'cheated' myself) the salary cap when signing Fielden to avoid relegation and so had a reduced salary cap last and this season because of the alledged deferred wages on his contract!

So in real terms your still running with a less salary cap so dont expect to be in the elite just yet with a smaller squad!

arse hole small squad ,how are your reserves and u18s doing????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:I think tonights game was a very close call but i feel that the difference was at coaching level. The effort was the same from both sides and it was a real tough encounter but you can see what belief smith has put in the wire players ritchie mathers is a perfect example smiht has got more out of him in 2 weeks than noble did in all his time at wigan.

Noble seems unable to unlock the full potential of players in the same way that coaches like kear and smith do. Wire look 100% better than they have, for one they can actually defend now something they were incapable of doing for the last few seasons.

Noble is the most un-pragmatic coach in the world his subs are by the clock and not on whats happening on the pitch.
yes you know what wigan are going to do ,and when they are going tp do it we are tp predictable,like the refs give us nothing again in the 2nd half .you cant win gamew whne the ref keeps marching you 60 meters down the pitch ,but dosnt penalise the other teams for the same offences
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

DaveO wrote:
Doesn't the bit in Bold mean the bit in Italics is wrong?

There comes a time when a losing coach does more harm than good by remaining involved in the side. If I had any confidence Noble was doing things right such as the way he handles the young players then OK but I am worried he is actually harming the team with his tactics and policies.

It's not just that I can't see any progress under him I am concerned about what he is doing to the team.

Dave
no. after a 4 game winning streak we've lost to two very good teams in very tight matches, and nobles teams ALWAYS play their best at the end of the season. every season he's been a coach his teams have finished the season superbly. i think perhaps there should be a change for next season, but bringing someone else in now, and trying to implement a new style of play, when we've still a chance in both competitons is not the right thing to do. if we were playing terribly and being beaten easily, i would say change now and start to prepare for next season, but there's still an excellent chance of a wembley trip and the top 4 is still well within our reach.
pedro

Post by pedro »

primrose-n-blue wrote:Its not Nobbys fault that Fielden and Coley , as does Westwood for the Wire, keep givin away stupid penalties that cost your team dearly. :cool:

Tell it to the taxman