Danny Sculthorpe

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
juanpablo

Danny Sculthorpe

Post by juanpablo »

Just wondered what everyone thinks about us signing Danny Sculthorpe ? The deal will go through in the next couple of weeks once we decide who where goin to send out on loan!!!
ancientnloyal

Re: Danny Sculthorpe

Post by ancientnloyal »

No, i'd rather have John Prescott up front.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Why is it that when a body gets a suspension from their club they seem to be heading for Wigan? Do we need another overweight penalty machine? I am not a Prescott fan but agree he is better than Danny.
Jim
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:Why is it that when a body gets a suspension from their club they seem to be heading for Wigan? Do we need another overweight penalty machine? I am not a Prescott fan but agree he is better than Danny.
Jim
They got battered without both Dannys yesterday. Mossop's reprted to have had a good game for the Giants...I'd rather have him back than Scully.

juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

Where lucky we didnt offer Danny Sculthorpe a good enough contract so hes signing for Huddersfield in the mornin!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We did not offer him a contract and he was going to leave Wakey before the hullaboo because he was tired of travelling. Obviously nobody closer was interested even Widnes.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

No, no a thousand times no

He's a liability and well past his (not that great) best.

We have O'Carrol and Prescott and I would prefer us to keep playing either one of them.

When he went out on loan to wakefield he said that he wanted to stay there - well he got his wish. We don't want him back.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

His fitness was/is rubbish and he struggles to keep his weight sensible. He can't keep hold of the ball in a tackle. Offload! Offload! And he can't decide whether he's a prop or a kicking stand-off. Given he was on our books when Noble came I can't believe these suggestions have even been given air.

Plus he has a self-designed 'Sculthorpe' family cresent tatooed on his thigh. Nice. That's enough reason not to sign anybody.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Danny Sculthorpe was too clever for his team mates when he played at Wigan, all they had to do was be at his shoulder to back-up and they would have scored a hatfull with his offloads!
At the time that was not the way they did things at Wigan, as one poster has got on his sticky "Nobles philosophy, yed de'an and thrutch".
Only now do they seem to be backing up a tad more, otherwise it is still "Yed de'an and thrutch"
pedro

Post by pedro »

mickh wrote:Danny Sculthorpe was too clever for his team mates when he played at Wigan, all they had to do was be at his shoulder to back-up and they would have scored a hatfull with his offloads!
At the time that was not the way they did things at Wigan, as one poster has got on his sticky "Nobles philosophy, yed de'an and thrutch".
Only now do they seem to be backing up a tad more, otherwise it is still "Yed de'an and thrutch"
Newton and Lam backed him up all day long he was always injured and not good enough