BBC forgot to mention us again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Re: BBC forgot to mention us again

Post by GeoffN »

waterside glens wrote:the bbc coverage is poo.clare bunting (oh no i've got her name wrong,a well she does it every show) might like our game but she is an embarrassment with very knowlege of our game.
Of course; she's a woman, what do they know about the game...? :eusa18:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

she scares me more than gaz hock :o
doc

Post by doc »

I like Claire Balding as an anchor woman for the games. She always appears enthusiatic and has a good chemistry with the various guest presenters.

Much better than Steve Ryder who seemed to sneer every time coverage went to RL.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Morph wrote:She may have little knowledge, but she does enjoy watching it - bit like the majority of all supporters. i think she also looks like she could play it as well!!! :blush:
I have always thought Clare Balding was pretty good for Rugby League.
As you say, she seems to enjoy the game, researches her information and always mentions how good Rugby League is. I am sure if she was not a dyke, Robbie Paul's shirt would be off more often though.
Jake

Post by Jake »

highland convert wrote: Just watched the BBc news. Sport had a long slot. Football, golf , motor racing, Heiniken cup, even land skiing but no mention of the Challenge Cup. Even though they are televising it silence. Is it not time the RL read the riot act. With 100,000 watching live some weekends and many more following it on tv they have a duty to show some interest. Union is a college sport. The cultural difference between the sport exists still. Murreyfield was boycotted newswise. CC seems to be the same. RL HQ are quick enough to take your mone. Is it not time their media department fought for fairer tv coverage re sports news?
While the B.B.C. sport is run by a lot of old queens from Eton Colledge we will never get the coverage we deserve they show challenge cup games yet they never mention other games played in the same round on their sport roundup our slot is taken by ladies netball or polo.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Jake wrote:
highland convert wrote: Just watched the BBc news. Sport had a long slot. Football, golf , motor racing, Heiniken cup, even land skiing but no mention of the Challenge Cup. Even though they are televising it silence. Is it not time the RL read the riot act. With 100,000 watching live some weekends and many more following it on tv they have a duty to show some interest. Union is a college sport. The cultural difference between the sport exists still. Murreyfield was boycotted newswise. CC seems to be the same. RL HQ are quick enough to take your mone. Is it not time their media department fought for fairer tv coverage re sports news?
While the B.B.C. sport is run by a lot of old queens from Eton Colledge we will never get the coverage we deserve they show challenge cup games yet they never mention other games played in the same round on their sport roundup our slot is taken by ladies netball or polo.
I have often thought;
isnt it about time the RFL & The BBC were shown what Rugby League is all about, and what it means to its devoted fans.
If every Rugby League club in the UK, amateur & professional, was to get signed petition sheets complaining of The BBC, and poor media coverage in general. These sheets could be waved in front of the RFL big wigs, for embarrassment purposes, then taken to no 10 Downing Street.
I am sure each club in the land could get hundreds of signatures if monitored and controlled properly.
It just needs dedicated people within relevant clubs.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Why not see if the league express or another publication will run a poll or petition? Every rl household pays a license fee to keep Jonathan Ross (He owns BBC, doesn't he? ) in the money. BBC is the nut that RL must crack if the game is to spread. They can pay a mint to show the GP 20 cars going in a circle too fast for much real action. The only time RL scores go up is when they can spoil a recorded game by giving the score away.
Jim