Re: Wasn't great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Alex the Warrior posted:
jinkin' jimmy posted
Finally with regard to all the comments about people leaving early there is another way of looking at it. People pay their money and makes their choice. If they are voting with their feet that is their perogative. Also, getting out of a packed stand at an all seater stadium can take ages if you are on the upper rows, so don't slag people off for wanting to get away early - they don't all live in Wigan you know, some have a distance to drive.

Finally, who is the real supporter - one who misses the last 5 mins or one who misses the ko because they are in the bar then goes to the toilet twice in the 1st half, then misses the 2nd half ko, does the toilet thing again but is drunk enough to stay to the end? I witnessed that tonight, as I do every game.
Yes, this attitude that real supporters don't leave before the end is a tiresome one. Forgive me everyone for I have sinned. I left with 2 minutes on the clock. I didn't want to be stuck in the car park for half an hour before having to go shopping in Tescos then drive 20 miles home. It was just before half 11 when I got home as it was.

If after this dismal season has been and gone, my backside is not on seat R187 all through next season again, then people can call my support. Until then, they can put a sock in it.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about Jimmy Fairhurst NOT!
:roll: :lol:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Leeds were good, but i have to say i think they are the dirtiest team in rugby league and the luckiest as they never get penalised, dallas gets his head knocked back in almost every tackle and we never get anything he smacks someone and straight away its a penalty, the fight was kirkpricktricks fault for letting mcdermott smack jerry and i hope mcdermott feels it in the morning.
Moran - Not good, dont know if his backs playing up, he did well to provide rads with his first try and after that he shyed away. Orr - Brilliant in defence, but obviously hurt his shoulder and was playing injured again which doesnt look good. And its coming to something when senior gets man of the match against you!

Out of interest have we won a game in the last 12months against a top side when we've had kirkpatrick?
have we ever won a game when shitpatrick refs
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GazzL82

Post by GazzL82 »

Alex the Warrior posted:
jinkin' jimmy posted
Finally with regard to all the comments about people leaving early there is another way of looking at it. People pay their money and makes their choice. If they are voting with their feet that is their perogative. Also, getting out of a packed stand at an all seater stadium can take ages if you are on the upper rows, so don't slag people off for wanting to get away early - they don't all live in Wigan you know, some have a distance to drive.

Finally, who is the real supporter - one who misses the last 5 mins or one who misses the ko because they are in the bar then goes to the toilet twice in the 1st half, then misses the 2nd half ko, does the toilet thing again but is drunk enough to stay to the end? I witnessed that tonight, as I do every game.
Yes, this attitude that real supporters don't leave before the end is a tiresome one. Forgive me everyone for I have sinned. I left with 2 minutes on the clock. I didn't want to be stuck in the car park for half an hour before having to go shopping in Tescos then drive 20 miles home. It was just before half 11 when I got home as it was.

If after this dismal season has been and gone, my backside is not on seat R187 all through next season again, then people can call my support. Until then, they can put a sock in it.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about Jimmy Fairhurst NOT!
i agree i am really getting sick of people saying you're not a real supporter for criticising the team/individuals or for leaving early. do you not think that the mass exodus last night was everyone showing their contempt/embarrassment/disappointment in the only way they could in an incredibly woeful performance?

have just watched the viedo of last night & i for one am glad i left before calderwood's try because we looked like a team of amateurs (could actually make the arguement that we looked like that all night!) i can't really name one player who came out of last night with any sort of credit...that second half performance looked like the team had absolutely no pride.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

What makes me really laugh is how can one player be blamed for what happened last night. You people are unreal. There was 17 men on that park last night and yet 1 man is blamed.It's always going to be the same. If we had won this conversation wouldn't be taking place. It's ridiculous. Blame who you like i'm past caring but i refuse to let Danny Orr take the entire blame for what is a team game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

hayley 04 posted:
What makes me really laugh is how can one player be blamed for what happened last night. You people are unreal. There was 17 men on that park last night and yet 1 man is blamed.It's always going to be the same. If we had won this conversation wouldn't be taking place. It's ridiculous. Blame who you like i'm past caring but i refuse to let Danny Orr take the entire blame for what is a team game.
Who is blaming one player? They were all outplayed.

That said are we not allowed to discuss the merits of individuals?

Dave
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Of course people are but time after time it seem's to be Danny Orr's name. As i said,last night no-one played well, but blaming players isn't the answer but i wish i knew what the answer was.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Alex the Warrior, you might not like Jimmy Fairhurst but I bet he would make the first team squad easily this season!!!!! and improve it :exc: :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Hayley 04
All right them I'll throw another name onto the fire, Vaelaeki, now there is a player who would improve his speed if he was thrown on the fire.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

I'm sorry but i just can't find it in my heart to say bad things about any Wigan player be he Danny Orr or Brian Carney. Yes they make me angry and at times, last night for instance, they make me cry but i just can't. I'll spend forever defending them but i won't say a bad word against them. That's just the way i am
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

I agree. Yes we can all point the finger of blame but we need to get behind the players out on the field, it all went quiet when Leeds started gettin a roll on & therefore the more the Sheep men sang, the wigan lads need our support & be vocal to help them thro the tough times.
I read a quote yesterday sayin that Mo has said he will be lookin to sign at least 3 top class players, but he's not rushin into anything ... i agree, but we also need some big lads now to be able to compete, there must be some players that we could loan, other teams seem to?!?!?!?
Sing your hearts out for the Lads!!!!