Xbox 360Is it wor

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Xbox 360Is it wor

Post by medlocke »

Is it worth buying the wireless adapter for going online if i'm only using the free silver package? or should i not bother
ancientnloyal

Re: Xbox 360Is it wor

Post by ancientnloyal »

play PC games online :)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

medlocke wrote:Is it worth buying the wireless adapter for going online if i'm only using the free silver package? or should i not bother
Its not worth it, with silver you can't do anything useful.

If you want to play games online you should have got a PS3 much better value when you consider what your getting.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I'm saving up for a PS3 at the mo. What decided it for me was the fact that it can be used as a media centre, as well as playing Bluray disks. I had a go on one of my mates and was really impressed.
ps, one of the best places I've seen for cheap games is in cash converters, some really good bargains to be had in there on second hand games. :)

wm_warrior

Post by wm_warrior »

I Have A Ps3,They Are Awsome. :)
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

wm_warrior

Post by wm_warrior »

Sutty wrote:I'm saving up for a PS3 at the mo. What decided it for me was the fact that it can be used as a media centre, as well as playing Bluray disks. I had a go on one of my mates and was really impressed.
ps, one of the best places I've seen for cheap games is in cash converters, some really good bargains to be had in there on second hand games. :)
Will Pop In There Today To Get A Few Games.
Wigan warriors 2010 engage superleague champions

El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

The only thing wrong with the PS3 is some of the games need a code to use them online and once the code has been used it cant be used again so be careful which games you buy 2nd hand (if you plan to use them online).

Otherwise the PS3 is great. I like the XBox360 too. Cant really complain about either.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

After endless problems with my xbox I decided that enough was enough and purchased a ps3.What a revelation!No problems what ever can store photo's, music,bluray,and play games.Admittedly not the variety of games available just yet but improving all the time. :D :D
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

KOOCH wrote:Admittedly not the variety of games available just yet but improving all the time. :D :D
Interesting the company developing the Red Faction Guerrilla games Volition, Inc. said that Xbox 360 struggled to cope with the development while the PS3 had no problems. Everytime they added something new they had to check the Xbox 360 to make sure it still work and they think that could spell the end for Xbox 360.

The blu-ray discs can store more data than Xbox discs and the PS3 can process more data than the Xbox 360 so developers are some what limited by the Xbox. Eventually companies will start to push the PS3 and leave the Xbox behind.

Image FIFA but with twice the teams, players and stadium or image GTA IV but twice as big and that's what the PS3 still has to offer.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

MrDave wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Admittedly not the variety of games available just yet but improving all the time. :D :D
Interesting the company developing the Red Faction Guerrilla games Volition, Inc. said that Xbox 360 struggled to cope with the development while the PS3 had no problems. Everytime they added something new they had to check the Xbox 360 to make sure it still work and they think that could spell the end for Xbox 360.

The blu-ray discs can store more data than Xbox discs and the PS3 can process more data than the Xbox 360 so developers are some what limited by the Xbox. Eventually companies will start to push the PS3 and leave the Xbox behind.

Image FIFA but with twice the teams, players and stadium or image GTA IV but twice as big and that's what the PS3 still has to offer.
Blokes I know overseas seem to stick with the X-Box.
The unit can easilly be chipped to accept game discs they buy in Thailand for litterally pennies.
The Top games at that too.
As I understand, So far the PS3 cannot be chipped, so it may well be £30+ per game for some time.