Brian Carney signs for Wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Sutty

Brian Carney signs for Wire

Post by Sutty »

http://www.warringtonwolves.org/news/Wolves38783.ink

I think it says he's signed until the end of the season. I'm not sure how well he will go at Superleague, it's a while since he's played Rugby at a decent level (Ra ra doesn't count as decent)!

KOOCH

Re: Brian Carney signs for Wire

Post by KOOCH »

Can anyone blame Brian? Why would he join Wigan with Noble in the driving seat?I'm sad to see him join the opposition but am not sure if he would cut the mustard in super league these days.Could be he will be back to haunt us.But I hope not!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

KOOCH wrote:Can anyone blame Brian? Why would he join Wigan with Noble in the driving seat?I'm sad to see him join the opposition but am not sure if he would cut the mustard in super league these days.Could be he will be back to haunt us.But I hope not!
Shaun Ainscough is far better, IMO.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Not sure what to think about this one, the head says not sure if its worth the risk while the heart screams "Brian, how could you, you may as well have gone and signed for Saints"

hmmmm, I may have to change my signature thing!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
weststand-rich

Brian Carney at Warrington???!!!!

Post by weststand-rich »

From news.bbc.co.uk. I'm not surprised he's back in league, but am he's at Wire.

Carney makes switch to Warrington

Carney has played for Ireland in both codes of rugby
Former Wigan and Great Britain winger Brian Carney has agreed a return to the Super League with Warrington Wolves.

The 32-year-old has spent the last two years playing rugby union for Munster and Ireland but will join the Wolves when his contract expires this month.

"I am really excited by the prospect of getting to work with Brian," said Warrington coach Tony Smith.

"He's a championship player and his experience and know-how will be a real asset to the squad."

Carney has not played rugby league since he won the last of his 14 Great Britain caps in the 2006 Tri-Nations series in Australia and New Zealand.

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Can anyone blame Brian? Why would he join Wigan with Noble in the driving seat?I'm sad to see him join the opposition but am not sure if he would cut the mustard in super league these days.Could be he will be back to haunt us.But I hope not!

but he plays for wigan....not Wire
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:

Wigan are going to swap Ainscough for Carney, you heard it here first :lol:
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

BRIAN CARNEY JOINS WIRE

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Brian back in RL with Warrington
2002 and EW is hooked
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

MrDave wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Shaun Ainscough is far better, IMO.

Wigan are going to swap Ainscough for Carney, you heard it here first :lol:
Now thats just silly,its Ainscoug, Sam T & Micky Mac being swaped for Carney. :D
primrose-n-blue

Carney is a wire!!!!!!!!

Post by primrose-n-blue »

....and carney steps inside of gleeson and he's away to score uder the sticks and put warrington well and truely into the final of the challenge cup!" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oops sorry, was talking in my sleep and i was having an amazing dream....http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/superl ... p?id=14289