Sack Noble / Noble Must Go etc etc Threads merged by CPW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Sack Noble / Noble Must Go etc etc Threads merged by...

Post by ancientnloyal »

i WANTED TO CREATE A THREAD (caps*) entitled\:

WHO IS STILL BEHIND NOBLE? but it will be merged into here...

so, who is still behind Brian Noble?

Im not. we did NOTHING yesterday
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

The next time Mick Hogan is on here can we all start a topic titled the same thing i.e. noble must go. He would then see only topics of the same title on the page. OK it might sound naff but might stand out
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

has anyone thought,we can not afford to sack noble
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

If money is a problem im sure there is a few on here who would chip in!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

oldtimer wrote:has anyone thought,we can not afford to sack noble
have you thought we cannot afford not to sack noble :blush:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

oldtimer wrote:has anyone thought,we can not afford to sack noble
In term of money or in terms of not being able to find a replacement?

Noble is out of contract at the end of the season anyway so if he was sacked now Lenegan would only need to pay up about 4 months of his contract which will hardly back rupt the club.

I think finding a replacement might be the difficult thing. Shaun Wane could step-in in a caretaker role but to push the club forward Wigan need to find a coach who will bring some new to Wigan and something new to Super League.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the club may be finding it difficult to get the right replacvement. IMO one of the major weaknesses of IL seems to be that he appears to have hardly any quality contacts Down Under. It shows re player signings.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

highland convert wrote: There is an attitude problem throughout Wigan that is crippling the team. It is not a coach thing,
I tend to disagree. It is PRECISELY a 'coach thing'!!!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Kittwazzer wrote:
highland convert wrote: There is an attitude problem throughout Wigan that is crippling the team. It is not a coach thing,
I tend to disagree. It is PRECISELY a 'coach thing'!!!
The coach is the one who sets the atmosphere in a club.

If the players respect the coach then they will fall into line and any player who doesn't will realise that no one is bigger than the club.

If players at Wigan don't respect Noble then it will lead to an attitude problem, especially when you have some player who don't play well and still get picked.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

cpwigan wrote:
highland convert wrote:Who was captain last night? Brian Noble set out a team to do a job. HE DID NOT PLAY. Why when thinks go wrong do you scream sack the coach? The team did not respect the opposition. They were on a swan. The Celtic players turned up and the players could not get in gear. Noble was not resposible for that. The players were. There is an attitude problem throughout Wigan that is crippling the team. It is not a coach thing, it was here before the last set of coaches. It has been present from the start of superleague. It will be there until Wigan realise that they are just another team. They have to play to win. While they are on their high horse saying we are the greatest team that ever was they are treating the others with contempt. Lazy and lack of killer instinct are the result. Celtic won because they are hungry. Wigan never gives the impression they are hungry enough. Skill alone will win some games but hunger will keep you coming back when the chips are down.
Jim
Stop Jim, Stop Jim, Stop it

My ribs are hurting :D

The coach determines the culture of the playing side of a club. Alas, you want us to believe neither Lowe nor Monie created a culture. That both Lowe nor Monie had to 'battle' incredibly hard to get players to buy into their culture but managed to do so.

You want us to believe that the transformation of St George in one pre season (not 3 seasons like Noble) is down to the players etc etc and not a new coach called Wayne Bennett.

You want us to believe that Justin Morgan does not create the Hull KR culture or that Nathan Brown is not creating a culture at Huddersfield. Mick potter at Cats? Anderson at Saints? NOWHERE is the impact a coach can make shown better than by Warrington and Tony Smith.

If I was not hurting from LMAO at you comments I would be incredulous and bewildered by their absurdity.

The following are not my views. They come from within the Wigan RLFC club. Noble is a control freak. An ego maniac. He surrounds himself with sycophantic 'yes men' rather than the best people for the job.

Noble has the best training facilities, more money, a very large and decent squad comparable to all in SL bar say Leeds / Saints whose squads are getting poorer, a very good youth set up, he has been given the most expensive signing in recent years mid season. What more can others do for Noble.

Jim please stop you are losing any credibility you may still have left.
Iv only one thing to say Read both Rads book and Mike Gregorys and you will get an insight into why we are in such a mess and the type of culture that is indicitive of a lot of the younger player who went on to "come alive" after leaving Wigan. Im not an expert in Wigan RL history but have chatted to many fan who have been followers of the team most of their lives and i can see how they feel and how they are hurting now, specialy after agent milward and now one play nobles.

Ok gone may be the glory days of the 80's But Wigan should still be a team chalenging for trophys and top place with the players we have and have had. Noble as a coach MUST share the blame as well as the player who do not Perform.

I could go on but to peed of to have a rant :(

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx