Re: New Coach signed??!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:lol: Judge I was playing to the gallery. I have argued long and hard re Noble and have given up now so I take the P out of the whole farcical situation just as our coach does to our club / fans.

I stand by my belief re a coach. History shows that British coaches that were successful had to be replaced by Lowe and Monie to take this club to a new level. The failure of an Australian with little coaching experience (Dorahay) proves my point that the coach has to have current/very recent NRL experience. An Australian accent does not = a great coach / player.

You could argue that Mike Gregory started as what I advocate, an assistant coach to an Australian coach. Shaun Edwards when he decided he wanted to become a coach spent six months with Wayne Bennett and the Broncos which vindicated my view. Edwards wanted to learn from the best, he did not waste time in Britain/RFL/Barla he went Down Under. It may upset pweople but if Edwards wanted to become a RL coach again I would expect him to do exactly the same again before clubs like Wigan appointed him. Whatsmore, Farrel as an assistant only.

I never buy into Aussie this Aussie that or XIII Wiganers playing for Wigan. Both are stupid. The bottom line is you get the best available and the best available = NRL just like when the Aussies wanted to learn they brought back Aussies / Brits from here in the 50's and 60's.

I do forgive you, you are ageing and your brain cells are dying off day by day. Now you can accept that as humour and reply with sarcasm. Your choice. Persionally, I think my comment was shallow just as sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

THE JUDGE wrote:I have only been supporting Wigan for 57 years, so obviously I am not as experienced in our clubs affairs, and on who we should get rid of as others who regularly offer their well informed views. It does appear to me that personalties seem to rule the roost. People have a right to voice their opinions on whether Brian Noble is a good or bad coach, because it is their own view. I have yet to see the other side of the argument, on who they would appoint as coach and give their reasons, because it appears that if we don`t win The Challenge Cup, and the Grand Final every year, then the coach is garbage! Well if that is the case, then apart from the coaches at Leeds and St. Helens then all the rest should be sacked. Making personal derogatory comments about Brian Noble is not the way to encourage progress!!!
Progress can never happen under Noble and you know that or should know it he has had 3 years nearly and we have not progressed 1" on the field with him
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

bruno

Post by bruno »

what about shaun wane for coach what is he doing wrong he has the respect of all the lads he coaches and he is a wigan lad wore is heart on his sleeve when he was playing and is wigan through and through give him a chance IL he will make wigan mighty again
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

were lams to the slaughter
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
THE JUDGE

Post by THE JUDGE »

Thank you CP for your constructive analysis, which I sincerely take on board. Just for the record, I feel that we must set our stall out to win 2 more games this season, the semi and the final of the CC all other aims are totally unobtainable IMO. It is also perfectly true to say that at my great age, the capacity within my brain is diminishing faster than Wigan`s hopes of finishing any higher than 9th.
Anyhow I must close this thread,the nurse has given me my complan, and put me to bed....(That`s my story and I`m sticking to it)
Following a Judicial Review of my computer, I hope I have now resolved my inability to participate
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You lucky man Judge. Treat her nicely :D

I think we are all of the same opinion and the CC keeps us going. It is very hard when we have all been spoiled but spoiled or not I think Wigan RLFC knows good RL when they see it and sadly it is a whilst since they saw it consistently in the Cherry n White.

We all live in hope I guess.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:You lucky man Judge. Treat her nicely :D

I think we are all of the same opinion and the CC keeps us going. It is very hard when we have all been spoiled but spoiled or not I think Wigan RLFC knows good RL when they see it and sadly it is a whilst since they saw it consistently in the Cherry n White.

We all live in hope I guess.

lets hope the damage done by Noble does not carry over to the challenge cup

I have a feeling the wounds are deep and we may not recover
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

mike binder wrote:were lams to the slaughter
Is there some criptic clue in this post Mike ???

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote: very hard when we have all been spoiled
CP That is exactly the point.

We were spoiled by the Gang of Four for whom total success was paramount and to hell with the cost. Success came straight from the cheque books of Messrs Robinson & Rathbone!!

Then the Salary Cap came in and we could just not handle it. We have been penalised twice for trying to work the old and new systems at the same time!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote: very hard when we have all been spoiled
CP That is exactly the point.

We were spoiled by the Gang of Four for whom total success was paramount and to hell with the cost. Success came straight from the cheque books of Messrs Robinson & Rathbone!!

Then the Salary Cap came in and we could just not handle it. We have been penalised twice for trying to work the old and new systems at the same time!
We were successful before we opened our chequebook in the 80s and 90s. It's all about good management and good coaching.

Why are Saints doing so well? Simple, they have used Wigan's blueprint from 20 years ago (minus the transfer fees). It's not rocket science!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards