super league show

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
king carney

super league show

Post by king carney »

what the opinion on the coverage of this program. dont get me wrong im glad there is NOW a rugby league program eventhough its not nationwide, but it alway seems to me to be a old mans program. nothing special just c*&p from scofield mouth and Grayson has he ever actually watched a match, the commentary at times is so boring! it great lying in bed watchin wigan beat stains tho! lol :lol:
Fraggle

Re: super league show

Post by Fraggle »

king carney posted:
what the opinion on the coverage of this program. dont get me wrong im glad there is NOW a rugby league program eventhough its not nationwide, but it alway seems to me to be a old mans program. nothing special just c*&p from scofield mouth and Grayson has he ever actually watched a match, the commentary at times is so boring! it great lying in bed watchin wigan beat stains tho! lol :lol:
Harry Gration is a total cretin who's about as interesting to watch as dry paint. You can criticise Eddie and Stevo but at least there's some life there; to look at Gration you'd think our sport is still in the 1970's and completely irrelevant and out-of-touch in the modern era. I stumble across this show occasionally, difficult since it occupies a different time slot each week, but it just comes across as a yokels show for a yokels sport and does nothing to attract new or young fans to RL. Whoever taught Gration to interview people should be embarressed as well, I remember him once saying to Robbie Paul "Your brother Henry's a good player, isn't he?" - as if Robbie's going to sit there on live tv and say "no, he's cr@p and I don't know how he gets in the team". Good insightful stuff, I don't think. They should let Claire Balding have a go instead, she's one of the few on the BBC who seems to have taken a genuine interest in the sport despite not being brought up in an RL region and that might send a message out to the ignorant south that RL's not all flat caps and whippets.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
king carney posted:
Harry Gration is a total cretin who's about as interesting to watch as dry paint. You can criticise Eddie and Stevo but at least there's some life there; to look at Gration you'd think our sport is still in the 1970's and completely irrelevant and out-of-touch in the modern era. I stumble across this show occasionally, difficult since it occupies a different time slot each week, but it just comes across as a yokels show for a yokels sport and does nothing to attract new or young fans to RL. Whoever taught Gration to interview people should be embarressed as well, I remember him once saying to Robbie Paul "Your brother Henry's a good player, isn't he?" - as if Robbie's going to sit there on live tv and say "no, he's cr@p and I don't know how he gets in the team". Good insightful stuff, I don't think. They should let Claire Balding have a go instead, she's one of the few on the BBC who seems to have taken a genuine interest in the sport despite not being brought up in an RL region and that might send a message out to the ignorant south that RL's not all flat caps and whippets.
Top post. Made me laugh out loud with the Robbie Paul question!! :lol: :lol:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

when is the super league show on. i only see boots an all which would be better if in dropped the aussie stuff and show more game highlights and match previews
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

it isnt on freeview even if you are in the north-west!! it should be nationwide and have more coverage of the games!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

waterside glens posted:
when is the super league show on. i only see boots an all which would be better if in dropped the aussie stuff and show more game highlights and match previews
Sundays on BBC2, sometime between 6am and 6pm. It's the only thing us non-Sky folk can see, and even then I think I'd rather watch Songs of Praise or the test card (do they still have that?) instead.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]