Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by primrose-n-blue »

cpwigan wrote:
primrose-n-blue wrote:CP.....that is a poor excuse for cheating/taking drugs and you know it!
There can be no excuse P n B.

However, he has been tersted nearly a dozen times in the last 2 years and been clean every time. So that suggests he suddenly forgot how to mask it OR it was only recently that he started to take it.

He may have used it longer than 2 years ago.

Like I have said elsewhere I am gutted because he is such a good attacker. Without my Cherry n White glasses on he should be banned as all others should. He will not be the last to be found guilty in RL, in sport.

:eusa2:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Absolutely stupid from Gareth there is no excuse for it.

Losing such a key player will obviously take its effect on the team. 2010 new coach, new start etc.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

PNB you're out of order taking glee from this.

No-body on this site has condoned, defended or even suggested that Hock is being hard done to on this and to kick the club when it's down like this is petty and small minded. You're not even our proper Derby rivals!

Nobody wins here. Hock will likely lose his contract, Wigan and (crucially for the 'neutral') England will lose a great player and tommorow the papers will be full of this news. Given the small press RL generates in general you can garentee the columns will be full to brimming tommorow.
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

I believe coke is present for 2-5 days but on that other forum someone has posted that it is present in your hair for much longer. I'll google that fact.

A quick search on google tells me that until 1903 a serving a Coca-Cola contained 60mg of cocaine. It also says that they still use the coca leaf for flavouring but the drug is removed, or is it....................
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As others have said it opens doors for Lee Mossop, maybe Liam Farrell. Whether you have him in your starting XIII, Mossop is the best reserve bench forward we have because he can play every position in the pack bar hooker.

Fans just need to be aware that the flak from away spectactors will be enormous. A trip to Humberside at the weekend will see all sorts of abuse thrown at our club, our players, we the fans. Just be ready because it will not be plerasant and if we get behind our team and they play for us then we can drown out the ignorany abuse that we will be subjected to for the rest of the season at the very least.
primrose-n-blue

DaveO wrote:
primrose-n-blue wrote:CP.....that is a poor excuse for cheating/taking drugs and you know it!
Anyone would think you were pleased this had happened given the tone of your posts.

You on the other hand seem to be more interested in how this affects Wigan in the semi-final.

Dave
Well perhaps I am a little tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't say pleased!
Hock ain't the first and I have a feeling he wont be the last.

Its no consolation to Wigan fans but Wire fans wont loose too much sleep...Yes the RL community as a whole has been let down but however synical it sounds, yes there is a positive to take from it all, Warrington will benifit massively because of this.....Yes its another step nearer to Wembley. It wont do RL any good at this season if Wigan did however reach Wembley.
There is truth to the saying'out of sight, out of mind'.
If Wigan do make it to the final, Hock and his drug implications will be regurgitated over and over.

Its been Wigans total professionalism over the years that brought you silverware however hard it was for the rest of the RL to stomach.
Now for once the tables have turned, don't be-little our chances because Wigan have screwed up. I lost counting years ago how many screw-ups we've made!!
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

I am very much afraid that we will have to get used to the semi-literate taunts and outbursts from the likes of Primrose (You were the one who chose that username) and all of her fellow cretins and losers throughout rugby league.

In all my 50 plus years of supporting Wigan, I can't recall the club and the most loyal supporters in the game being in such an utterly demoralised state.

The one consolation is this; when you are on your arse, the only way is up!!!
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

primrose-n-blue

weststand-rich wrote:PNB you're out of order taking glee from this.

You're not even our proper Derby rivals!

Given the small press RL generates in general you can garentee the columns will be full to brimming tommorow.
Am not taking Glee...he's one we got rid of before he gets caught too.

Well its lucky for you that we ain't your "proper Derby rivals!" then, as Warrington have the best win record against Wigan than any other club in RL history.
It wasn't until the late through the eighties that Wigan managed to over turn fact that Warrington had beaten Wigan at Central park on more occasions than you had beaten us!

As regards press reports...Warrington and Saints hit the front pages of the nationals this year, never mind press columns!...And how do warrington react?...They sack him, Saints however didn't!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

PNB

But Wigan haven't screwed up, Gareth Hock (probably on the result of test B blah) has. Really this is nothing to Wigan - if I got caught using cocaine would it be the University of Manchesters fault as my employers?

There's no rugby benefit to be gained by using cocaine, unless you want to bore your opposition with aggrandising bullsh*t and a huge ego. I would even go as far to say this isn't really a rugby issue, or even one of cheating. Cocaine might be a banned substance but it won't make a players rugby better just because it's a stimulant. Cannabis is also a banned substance under the doping regulations - Do you think honking on a hooker pipe would improve any players rugby, unless you want happy, sluggish, friendly players on the pitch?? Hock has made a momenumental bad choice and it's sadly reflecting on the club.

Wire might or might not gain an advantage in the cup semi - Rugby is the only loser.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

If Gareth has taken coke and spoiled his career then it is one of the biggest wastes of talent, if not the biggest, in rugby league most players would give an arm for half his talent and to waste it all on some stupid white powder is unbelievable why not just get drunk instead? It also holds huge implications for our club commercialy (sp) and on the field. On the field it means our attack is hugely restricted, commercialy what can mick hogan do if he is trying to market a club who sit 10th in super league and one of there leading players has just been found guilty of taking coke. This has a huge impact on the player, the fans, the sport and many more things :( :conf: