Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
playfuldodger

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by playfuldodger »

to be honest with you geoffn if i was in court yeah i'd use it in my defence but id get him from manc on my side just incaseit didnt work but the prob go so big wi speeding we now have cameras everywhere to highlight how big the problem is, now we need to highlight how big the prob is in the sport, not just hang 1 person for it, lets bring it to the attention of every1 and get it sorted out, this prob aint just wi wigan players and people prob no who is and who is not taking any illegal substances but the prob is rife throughout the sport, i for one hope the b test is negative as to lose a player of gaz's quality is a sickener for both wigan and gb, but i doubt it will come negative, all im saying is we cannot all get on is case when there are plenty of others and we should get on there cases also, but we cannot do that until they have been proved positive, but if they are never in line for a test or no when these tests are coming as some1 said previous tghere are ways round it so lets just do it randomly and see who is the worst team in the league for it as i doubt it will be wigan and let the STAINS of this horrible saga in the past and have a xclean sport where youre sons grandsons support some1 who really is a good player not just good for 30mins whilst on a high
jammie

Post by jammie »

:eusa2: :eusa2: i wish/ hope that someone reads your post cp to the rest of the squad,and i hope they understand the magnatude of the rest of the season,because the eyes of rl will be firmly on us,and how we adapt and respond not only players but fans as well.we MUST show our support for the CLUB we love,and encorage WHOEVER pulls on that cherry & white shirt whether we like them as players or not,one player doesn't make a team it's time to pull together and try and put some pride and passion back into the shirt.we have been down before and that's were the rest of rl like us to be,BEWARE THE WOUNDED WARRIOR,HE MIGHT JUST RECOVER AND SEEK REVENGE...(sorry don't know what came over me i sound like winston chirchill)
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

doc

Post by doc »

Some employer's randomly test their employees for drugs/alcohol.

Maybe the club should have it written in to players contracts that the entire squad (academy to first team) will be tested randomly four times in any year to keep them all on their toes.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

doc wrote:Some employer's randomly test their employees for drugs/alcohol.

Maybe the club should have it written in to players contracts that the entire squad (academy to first team) will be tested randomly four times in any year to keep them all on their toes.
I may be wrong Doc but I think during the Millward era he had all the players tested regularly.
caveman

Post by caveman »

Miggy

Post by Miggy »

What we do need to do is stand by our club because there will be many who will use this to try to damage our club. That dos not means fans cannot criticise players etc, because they need to reach the standards of Wigan RLFC and those standards need to be set out again. We cannot accept anything less because when we do we get days, months, seasons like this. However, at matches we need to be loud and vocal in our support, when non Wigan fans criticise us we need to defend Wigan RLFC.When the chips are down we need need to dig deep.

We got hammered 70+, we got hauled over the coals for cheating the cap, we nearly got relegated and we responded as Wiganers. We need to do that now.
i wish/ hope that someone reads your post cp to the rest of the squad,and i hope they understand the magnatude of the rest of the season,because the eyes of rl will be firmly on us,and how we adapt and respond not only players but fans as well.we MUST show our support for the CLUB we love,and encorage WHOEVER pulls on that cherry & white shirt whether we like them as players or not,one player doesn't make a team it's time to pull together and try and put some pride and passion back into the shirt.we have been down before and that's were the rest of rl like us to be,BEWARE THE WOUNDED WARRIOR,HE MIGHT JUST RECOVER AND SEEK REVENGE...(sorry don't know what came over me i sound like winston chirchill)
After such a depressing day, you two have lifted my spirits. :eusa2:
Take me home, Wigan Road
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mick. Excellent post. Gareth Hock has a family who are no doubt hurting as bad as anybody and with someone like Gaz no doubt terrified that a 2 year ban is just part of his their problems. Despite his image, Hock is suceptible to coming off the rails big time and has been up and down since he was virtually a knee high.
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

What has been so bad about Gareth Hock's past??
Wigan til i die!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Woodentop07 wrote:What has been so bad about Gareth Hock's past??

if u dont know then all we can say is we cannot disclose.
but maybe somethings will be revealed soon.
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

mickw wrote:i hope that despite him letting the club down that they realise they need to keep an eye on him if they can.everyone has their failings some more than others, i hope that the club don`t just cut him off even if he does`nt play for us again.

I hope he gets away from some of the so called mates he hangs around with,so he can get himself get sorted out.