Cherry & White specs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: Cherry & White spe...

Post by we_need_a_coach »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:
So what are you critics going to suggest the club does to change things? I've heard enough criticism, it's all saying the same thing anyway. Can we have some ideas instead?
Well said, Fraggle!
Do you, as a moderator, have the ability to check IP addresses, because it seems to me that "billyboy" and "ragman" are "wnac" in disguise!

The majority of us, while realising that we've got problems, at least offer some sensible options for possible remedies. It's easy to say sack the entire team, board, and management..I haven't noticed a replacement list being proposed.
One of them will suggest a merger with St Helens soon!
:D A couple of points regarding this post :-

1. Billyboy, if you come on this board and talk common sense, trying to highlight problem areas or members of the coaching or playing staff, you will be slagged off.
2.GeoffN, who the hell do you think you are, I have been visiting this board for a long time now, ok I have changed my name, to reflect exactly how I feel with current and previous event, it's a free country.
3. i hav'nt used foul or abusive language, told lies or threatened anyone, but bad language has been used against me, I have been accused of many things, and just recently threatened with legal action, by Mrs_Carney, who brought everyones atention to some rubbish being circulated in Australia.

It seem that most of our loyal fans can no longer make descisions on their own , can only follow the masses or Doris, and will not accept criticism for what is a poor team.

And I do agree with your sentiments, what is the use in recruiting players who spend longer on the treatment table than on the field of play ? Now it seems we are going after Fletcher need I say more ?
All other teams have injuries, but manage, ok ours are long term, but I stick by what I said months ago,
WE need a coach, Betts is not good enough and would not get the job at any of our other top 6 sides.
Doris needs to go soon before his errors become irrepairable.

And yea I know I will get blasted yet again for waht i have just said !!!!!
:D
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Ahem, to correct you on point 3 it wasnt me who found that post, i just commented on it
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

billyboy posted:
Thanks Fraggle for your reply. It's good to see that you are talking your usual common sense. I don't want to get into a slanging match with you or anyone else. After all, we are exchanging views for one reason only. We are all desperate for a successful team once again.
No problem, I'd much rather have sensible discussions than some of the more heated 'arguments' that have gone on recently. Of course I'm partially to blame, but at the moment I'm using this place to let off some steam during a particularly hassled time at work so apologies if people are taking offence at any of my comments. I don't mean anything personally. Most of the time :sly:
As you say, Maurice likes to be in charge, but he has said on more than one occasion in the past when players have been in dispute that no one man is bigger than the Club. he same applies to him.
It would be nice to think so. Have you ever read Happy Frank's book, "Being Frank"? That chapter about his departure from Wigan probably didn't make very comfortable reading in the Lindsay household. If true, it shows ML to be underhanded and not entirely honest.
I totally agree with your comments re Sculthorpe...
Signing the biggest names doesn't always mean signing the best performers. Just look at some of the 'big' names we have had from Australia in recent years, Florimo, Johns, O'Neill. One of the best Aussies we have had in the past few years was Nick somebody (I can't even remember his name, possibly Carter?), who no-one had heard of. I remember he got the man of the match in a match at Bradford.

Nick Carter was, I believe, a Backstreet Boy (one of you younger, pop music types can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm too old to know the ins and outs of the different boybands), I think it's Nick Graham you're thinking of, redhaired bloke we got in short-term last year. He was pretty impressive the times I saw him, although I think there was never any intention of giving him a long term contract (overseas quota limit is the only sensible reason I can think of). But he was the kind of solid, hardworking but not necessarily flashy and brilliant player that we're suddenly lacking in the team. We haven't really got a Mick Cassidy or Paul Johnson type player anymore, or ideally 2 or 3 such players. Nothing too special, but with lots of experience and who you know will knuckle down and do the work, often coming off the bench to settle things down. Betts ended his career as that kind of player as well, but the only such players now in the team are out injured. Our bench doesn't have any of this kind of player, there's no experience there when we need it and it's showing. Injuries are not helping, and maybe Wild could be that player if we ever get everyone else fit (assuming Carney and Aspy in the 3/4 line, Lockers at 13, Hock and Tickle in the back row in the starting line-up) but we've not got that luxury this season. I wonder if Stuart Jones fancies coming back to the JJB? He wasn't brilliant, but he's got a few seasons under his belt now.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It's a shame that the board is coming to this, I used to love coming on here but everyone just argues with each other and I don't mean debates, it is starting to get personal at times and there's no need.

Clearly there is a massive division of opinions on here, why is that a negative?
I personally will single out any player that has a bad game and say why I think that but I won't stop supporting that player and I will not be told to get off his back if I think he played like he belongs in Leigh Centurions side. I am a loyal fan and have been (despite my age) for a very long time and I will stick by Wigan no matter what happens but that does not mean I enjoy watching us lose to anyone, I'm a very bad loser and so I won't apologise for my strong opinions straight after coming home from a game that I have supported my team in voice and presence for the full 80 minutes. Saying that we played badly or someone had a terrible match is not being a bad supporter, it's an opinion and it's one I won't hide.

However I do think at times, the reason for things getting a bit person is due to a lack of understanding humour. Different people on here have different senses of humour, so something that may sound offensive may actually not have been deliberate. Maybe people need to take this into account. For example, I seriously don't think GeoffN was saying "Fraggle, look up these people find everything you can about them and then attack them" That's just silly, infact if i'm correct, I think it was more of a light hearted comparison of similar users.

Lighten up a bit, give your honest opinions, don't threaten each other and be ready to take some stick for what you've said. If its your opinion then you can debate it with the other person but just be ready to see that the other person is thinking along exactly the same lines of "I am right and nothing you say will change my opinion"
Maybe then we can all start to enjoy coming on here again...
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

yes it was nick graham. I remember the Bradford game because we beat them away. And as I remember he scored 2 very good tries in that game.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
2.GeoffN, who the hell do you think you are, I have been visiting this board for a long time now, ok I have changed my name, to reflect exactly how I feel with current and previous event, it's a free country.
If so, then you should be used to my lighthearted style, which hasn't changed over the years I've been using this board, as MrsLam says in another post.
Just out of interest, what was your previous user name? - I don't remember anyone as totally negative as you ever being on here.
3. i hav'nt used foul or abusive language, told lies or threatened anyone, but bad language has been used against me, I have been accused of many things, and just recently threatened with legal action, by Mrs_Carney, who brought everyones atention to some rubbish being circulated in Australia.
I haven't accused you of anything, except for you presenting your opinions as "facts" and ignoring any verifiable facts thats are given to counter your arguments. Examples are too numerous to mention them all, but the most recent being your "fact" that crowds are going down, despite today's announcement, and the published attendances over the last 5 years (since moving from Central Park).
You are entitled to your opinions, as we all are, but we are equally entitled to express our disagreement with them. As you say, it's a free country.