Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by THE 18th Man »

gillysmyhero wrote:Word has it that we will be hearing of a few more players from other clubs that have been caught.

wasnt Hock tested because he was in the England squad and if this rumor you have heard is true then England Internationals maybe done aswell.

well that will be intresting then
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Every player in the England 17 was tested. The rest came back clean. Hock is not on his own though, there are others throughout RL.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Every player in the England 17 was tested. The rest came back clean. Hock is not on his own though, there are others throughout RL.
Who have been caught?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No GP. To be honest you should not get caught not with cocaine from what I have read. Look at Johns, he took it often and was never found out.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

I.M.O

Wigan Warriors should sit Gareth down and make 2 statements to him (asuming sample B fails)

A. You will never play for Wigan Warriors again , you have let the club , fans and most inportantly yourself down .

B. We are here to help you in any shape or form and for as long as it takes . You have given a large chunk of your life to this club we are not going to walk away when you need us most . We are here to help if you want us too .
2002 and EW is hooked
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

EDINBURGH-WARRI OR wrote:I.M.O

Wigan Warriors should sit Gareth down and make 2 statements to him (asuming sample B fails)

A. You will never play for Wigan Warriors again , you have let the club , fans and most inportantly yourself down .

B. We are here to help you in any shape or form and for as long as it takes . You have given a large chunk of your life to this club we are not going to walk away when you need us most . We are here to help if you want us too .
Thats a bit of a contradiction,first we do not want him and he is not part of our plans. Then we will help you.? Doesnt make sense to me.
pedro

Post by pedro »

True if we terminate his contract then we are not obliged to help him.

On another note if all internationals are tested then thats why Briers maybe hasnt been found out then :)
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

old hooker wrote:
EDINBURGH-WARRI OR wrote:I.M.O

Thats a bit of a contradiction,first we do not want him and he is not part of our plans. Then we will help you.? Doesnt make sense to me.
Its called "Duty of Care".
We are all responsible for this in some way.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

thunderclap wrote:hock is innocent till proved guilty by the second test
If he has checked into Rehab as has been suggested; then surely that is an admission of guilt?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Just because he might not play for the club again , does not mean we can't help him sort himself out . If in life we all take the attitude "you are no longer any use to us , we don't want to know you " the world has come to a sorry state .
2002 and EW is hooked