Karl Pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Karl Pryce

Post by cumbria_warrior »

This could be the turning point for Karl, He might fill Gareth Hocks boots, :) :) :) Just trying to cheer a few people up, sorry for that stupid comment
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Under Noble we havnt seen anything decent from Pryce this season.
With a new coach Pryce would surely be forced to train hard until he became fit enough to play effectively in the first team.
Two things come to mind.
1. With a new coach will he regain the form he had at Bulls, just before signing to union.
2. Has he no self motivation to try and get fit with the ambition to forge a position in Wigan first team.

I was one of the worst critics of Johnathan Davies turning to Rugby League. "He was a no hoper" as far as I was concerned.
When he was playing for Warrington, he was also on the books as a rep for Hertel, a then painting contractor at Sellafield, in Cumbria. I am sure Hertel had a connection to Wire at that time.
I saw Davies in building B918, I remember it well.
I asked him what he thought the main differences were between League & Union.
Davies replied that he was totally taken aback when Douggie Loughton at Widnes told him that he must put 10 yards on over 100 metres and gain 1.5 stones in weight at the same time.
I asked him how he done this.
Jonathan Davies's reply was that he trained correctly and hard, and that he was very self motivated.
Sorry to meander off the Pryce thread a bit, but surely he has some responsibility to getting himself fit.
Conditioners give players do's and dont's, but they are allowed to train on their own somewhat.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:12 month contract extension signed
CP - my understanding is that KP has not signed a contract extension. KP signed a two year deal in 2008, but due to the fact that he was unable to play last year it was agreed that the contract would only commence in 2009.

I have also been informed that he only started to be paid this season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is not how it reads though SEFC? Even the quotes from KP imply differently. Maybe you are right.
shaunedwardsfanclub

cpwigan wrote:It is not how it reads though SEFC? Even the quotes from KP imply differently. Maybe you are right.
Agreed CP. It's that wonderful publicity machine working wonders again. Why would we want to extend the contract of an individual who to date has contributed nothing to the team? KP's salary could have been put to better use - acquiring the services of Lyon, Myler etc.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:It is not how it reads though SEFC? Even the quotes from KP imply differently. Maybe you are right.
Is it not true that KP did not play in 2008 because Wigan would have a substantial amout of money to pay to Gloucester, hence his delay in playing.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Is it not true that KP did not play in 2008 because Wigan would have a substantial amout of money to pay to Gloucester, hence his delay in playing.
No, he simply was not fit enough to play and therefore both parties delayed the registration of his contract. That allowed us to sign other players towards the end of 2008.

One could ask the question, is he ever going to be fit enough or has he got the mental toughness to play with niggling injuries?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ancientnloyal wrote:Lance Todd trophy winner 2009 :lol:

mike b - i will not pay £25 if we decide to sponsor him again. Maybe we can ask to sponsor Gemma for half times.
did i ask u to get involved :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the_Warrior_in_Brum

Post by the_Warrior_in_Brum »

Seriously, I look at the lad and think why on earth something can’t be done with him as a player.
He’s got the physique, he’s got the speed he must have some rugby skill. If it were my squad I think I might stick him in the second row, get Fekka and O’loughlin to Kick his arse.
THERE ARE TWO SECRETS TO GREAT WEALTH AND SUCCESS
FIRSTLY DON’T TELL ANYBODY EVERYTHING YOU KNOW…..
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

the_Warrior_in_ Brum wrote:Seriously, I look at the lad and think why on earth something can’t be done with him as a player.
He’s got the physique, he’s got the speed he must have some rugby skill. If it were my squad I think I might stick him in the second row, get Fekka and O’loughlin to Kick his arse.

FEKA you must be joking he's as fat as ever and he cant do a full 40 what a great influence he would have!!