SL grand final - fans behaviour = reputation

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
primrose-n-blue

Re: SL grand final - fans behaviour = reputation

Post by primrose-n-blue »

botica wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least. When i first started watching Wigan , it was a compromise my dad made because he was scared to take me to football anymore. Rugby was great, never any trouble, (except when Warrington came to town) sorry PnB but ist true.:eh:
So I guess all the Wire faithfull were causing trouble amongst themselves were they?

I remember after Wigan emerged from the second division until the mid 80's when Warrington faced Wigan in semi's and finals. Wigan had massive support in those days.
Wigan out-numbered other team support by around 3 to 1.

I remember being in Manchester amongst pockets of Wire fans that had to run for their lives after seeing hundreds, possibly near a thousand strong in one case, of Wigan youths running down the streets to give us a kicking. They were actively going round the streets looking for us in enormous groups.

After that game in Manchester being with around twenty to thirty fans on a platform at trafford park and riot police came with dogs to keep us safe from hundreds of wigans fans on the other platform some throwing bottles.

Yes its the ugly side of RL that people would have us think never happened...but it did, I was there, I saw it, and yes as a very young teenager on my own, I was scared.

I don't condone the ugly scenes that small numbers these days of drunken fools, yes and I have seen them, So called Wire fans at Warrington games.
trotski_tgwu

Re: SL grand final - fans behaviour = reputation

Post by trotski_tgwu »

primrose-n-blue wrote:
botica wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least. When i first started watching Wigan , it was a compromise my dad made because he was scared to take me to football anymore. Rugby was great, never any trouble, (except when Warrington came to town) sorry PnB but ist true.:eh:
So I guess all the Wire faithfull were causing trouble amongst themselves were they?

I remember after Wigan emerged from the second division until the mid 80's when Warrington faced Wigan in semi's and finals. Wigan had massive support in those days.
Wigan out-numbered other team support by around 3 to 1.

I remember being in Manchester amongst pockets of Wire fans that had to run for their lives after seeing hundreds, possibly near a thousand strong in one case, of Wigan youths running down the streets to give us a kicking. They were actively going round the streets looking for us in enormous groups.

After that game in Manchester being with around twenty to thirty fans on a platform at trafford park and riot police came with dogs to keep us safe from hundreds of wigans fans on the other platform some throwing bottles.

Yes its the ugly side of RL that people would have us think never happened...but it did, I was there, I saw it, and yes as a very young teenager on my own, I was scared.

I don't condone the ugly scenes that small numbers these days of drunken fools, yes and I have seen them, So called Wire fans at Warrington games.
I though you were Banned? That didnt last long did it?

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx