Bird gets 16months in jail

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Bird gets 16months in jail

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Excellent news i dont want to see anyone of his character associated with our game, there can be no excuses, no reasons and no outclause. i hope he never gets a decent contract again
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Re: Bird gets 16months in jail

Post by cpwigan »

What an amighty mess. Surely he is better serving his 8 months ASAP.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

At least now we can talk about his assault without being gagged.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:At least now we can talk about his assault without being gagged.
It's gone to appeal so in theory you can't.

As to the sentence it looks like what annoyed the judge was not so much what he did but the fact he tried to avoid the charge by saying it was his mate who did it!

The person he assaulted is still his girlfriend,lives with him in France and sent a letter asking the judge to be lenient. That clearly cut no ice.

Huge contrast in this sentence where the victim wanted him let off lightly and the Pryce/Reardon case where they did get off lightly due to insufficient evidence they forced entry into the victims house.

Dave
botica

Post by botica »

Insufucient evidence my foot. the CPS would have made sure there was sufficient evidence before they prosicuted.

It will be the solicitor who stopped the evidence being heard.....
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
cronulla

Post by cronulla »

bird should still be playing for cronulla not for some super league side all because he is a league player he got sent to jail

*edited* this is a family site mate.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

God wrote:I dont understand what the difference between Birds case and Pryce and Reardon??

IMO Pryce was much worse, Birds girlfriend didnt want to press charges but the courts went ahead anyway.

The Australian system is 20 times better than ours IMO. I bet the RFL suspend him too. Unlike they did with big ears dispite bringing the game into disripute not once but a second time.
I never saw any Joey Barton footage, but I can't see how it could have been worse than the Ben Cockayne incident, a link to which has been posted on here. It turned my stomach to think that this thug is still involved in our game and never did any jail time!