Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

Re: Tonights game

Post by highland convert »

[quote="Wigan_forever19 85 "]Credit where Credit is due; a great team performance. The hock issue may not turn out to be as bad as we thought, i noticed that tonight we were going from left to right from left to right rather than constantly going down the left. Sometimes having a superstar in your team can have the negative effect that you always err towards his side of the pitch to try and get him involved in the play.

quote]
Careful with theories like that. Dangerous. I sang the same hymn re a fellow by the name Trent Barrett and have been put down several times cos I am just a thick RU prop with a big bear belly, :) Jim
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

ancientnloyal wrote:The kid with the broken arm... hope he/she makes a nice recovery (could they not walk off?)
it depends what injury it was, if was an elbow its a stretcher case, but the kid was probably in too much pain anyhow, and most likely on entonox for the pain so would have been easier for them
anyway a good game sat in top right south stand corner nice perch. Lulu did tremendous to make the try with 3 defenders on him.

Team played well Roberts vastly improved since last week.

a win is nice but we need CONSISTANCY
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

robjoenz wrote:Sean Long suspect broken jaw. Lets hope for a speedy recovery.

We can rebuild him, we have the technology
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
turf

Post by turf »

highland convert wrote:Anyone notice Ganson must have popped a happy pill after he sent Sam off. Had a fit of the giggles for the last 5 mins. Great match. What a pleasure to see Amos earn his coin for once. Give Pryce some game time and he could do damage. Seemed unsure where he should be but started to find his place towards the end. Hope Lockers not too serious, we need him. Keep it up lads,
Jim
In overheard him on the mic, saying, "I've just sent him (Sam Tomkins) to't sin bin", and then a Harlequins player must have told him a joke or said something funny to him, and then he started laughing".
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

highland convert wrote:
Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:Credit where Credit is due; a great team performance. The hock issue may not turn out to be as bad as we thought, i noticed that tonight we were going from left to right from left to right rather than constantly going down the left. Sometimes having a superstar in your team can have the negative effect that you always err towards his side of the pitch to try and get him involved in the play.

quote]
Careful with theories like that. Dangerous. I sang the same hymn re a fellow by the name Trent Barrett and have been put down several times cos I am just a thick RU prop with a big bear belly, :) Jim
Jim yoursd was a daft theory as is this. jim was wrong because he accused trent of not being a team player even though he gave up playing on the left side the one he prefers to play on the right for the benefit of the team. Just as Sam Tomkins is doing now.

We still shifted right to left when passing. All teams will as 90% of players prefer to pass that way. I think you will be suprised how little play went left to right unless it was from a break or a last tackle kick.

Sometimes you have to be careful not to read too much into 2 games. You could for example say oh no Martin Gleeson must make us better as a team and better down that side. No Tim Smith likewise.

We nearly got relegated the last time Hock and Lockers were out for a lengthy time.
bruno

Post by bruno »

well done to all the lads cracking game we want more of the same next week mom sam well deserved :D