Half Time Injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Poster

Re: Half Time Injury

Post by Poster »

any chance of someone replying how the lad is today ?

if you want a junior ref topic start one !!!!!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Ignoring the comment by 'Mr Compassionate', I have put a request on the Junior Forum. Someone will answer it!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Kittwazzer wrote:Heard that many times. Frankly, some of the best matches I have attended have had 15 and 16 year olds in charge and they have been excellent.

Problem is, some crowds can be intimidating, even to adult coaches. Some young refs revel in that environment but the ones who don't can tend to panic a bit. There is a Respect campaign which is slowly working, but there will always be the idiots who seem intent on spoiling it for everyone else!
I believe Hilary Steel is in the process of going around all the clubs (and referees' societies) to re-promote the Respect Campaign. Some referees are a bit cynical though, these so called touchline managers and referee liason officers were supposed to be implemented in the past but never have been properly.

Some of the abuse children referees get off adults is absolutely disgusting (to a lesser extent to players too I think). I once saw a young lad at Chorley Panthers throw his whistle at a coach and run off crying because of the abuse he was getting. We don't need that.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:cannot always be done as some coaches think they are coaching superleague players and put there win loss record before any thing else
I can't understand that... for me an unfair win from cheating is worse than a loss!!!

Coaches at junior level do often take it too seriously though. You'd think there were livlihoods riding on matches. I once listened to an U14s coach moan at how they shouldn't be getting 16 year old referees doing their games, games of that standard should be refereed by adults!!!
I very much agree with that, my lad stopped playing because he could never get a game; the coach picked his strongest side every week and never gave the fringe players a chance.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I got abuse when I refereed. Could never figure why it went in one ear and out the other. I do not think the spectators cared for me replies though. Strange that :badg: