Myler to Wire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Myler to Wire

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:We should shift our attention to Danny Brough he is an aggressive, commited, clever, experienced, talentedand skilfull rugby player. He would complement Sam perfectly and cost much less than Myler or Finch.

:eh: :doz: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan club wrote:We should shift our attention to Danny Brough he is an aggressive, commited, clever, experienced, talentedand skilfull rugby player. He would complement Sam perfectly and cost much less than Myler or Finch.

Nowt wrong with Brough, would take him over any overpaid aussie any day
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

medlocke wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:

Hmmmmm. Except his nickname is Danny Snuff. We've had quite enough of that at our club, thank you very much.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

weststand-rich wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Hmmmmm. Except his nickname is Danny Snuff. We've had quite enough of that at our club, thank you very much.
I reckon its a chance we may have to take with anyone we sign these days. Its just that they need to obey the 11th Commandment!!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Danny Brough is a trouble maker imo, I watched him in the World Cup and whenever his side cocked up he screamed at them and didn't seem to offer any encouragement at all. That was also the problem Wakefield had last year, they had too many ball handlers and he and Brad Drew didn't get on at all, spits his dummy out far too easily for my liking.

As for Myler, who knows but I'd rather have him than Finch who isn't imo 'world class', he's not a Trent or a Matt Orford, we do need a halfback so Tommy can move permanantly to 9 with Mac rotating, I just don't know who we are going to get.
Up The Mont!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TonyIdol wrote:
Danny Brough is a trouble maker imo, I watched him in the World Cup and whenever his side cocked up he screamed at them and didn't seem to offer any encouragement at all. That was also the problem Wakefield had last year, they had too many ball handlers and he and Brad Drew didn't get on at all, spits his dummy out far too easily for my liking.

As for Myler, who knows but I'd rather have him than Finch who isn't imo 'world class', he's not a Trent or a Matt Orford, we do need a halfback so Tommy can move permanantly to 9 with Mac rotating, I just don't know who we are going to get.
Tony - it's all about man management. If Brough causes significant problems then why are clubs interested in signing him? We desperately need a skillful and aggressive halfback, without one the club wont move forward. It is obvious that none of the top flight Aussies are interested and therefore we need to look closer to home.

Two points for consideration: What happens to Luke Robinson if, as anticipated, Brough moves to Huddersfield? Would we have him back? How many better No7s are there in SL than Myler and Brough? Getting Myler would be difficult given Saints and Wire are circling their prey. If we are not careful we will be left holding the baby again!

Given Myler is only out of contract at the end of 2010 we could hold fire and use the money from Fielden's contract to entice him but we would need to put those plans in place now otherwise he will (if he has not already) strike a deal elsewhere. The downside to that is we will have to mix and match our halfbacks again next year. A temporary solution would be to sign somebody like Jamie Lyon to partner Sam T. If we were then to sign Myler, Lyon would move to centre and partner Ainscough.

It worries me that we have little or no forward planning. Last season we were panicked into recruiting Piggy and Amos when what we actually needed was a halfback and prop. 2010 looks like delivering similar dividends!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:
TonyIdol wrote:

Tony - it's all about man management. If Brough causes significant problems then why are clubs interested in signing him? We desperately need a skillful and aggressive halfback, without one the club wont move forward. It is obvious that none of the top flight Aussies are interested and therefore we need to look closer to home.

Two points for consideration: What happens to Luke Robinson if, as anticipated, Brough moves to Huddersfield? Would we have him back? How many better No7s are there in SL than Myler and Brough? Getting Myler would be difficult given Saints and Wire are circling their prey. If we are not careful we will be left holding the baby again!

Given Myler is only out of contract at the end of 2010 we could hold fire and use the money from Fielden's contract to entice him but we would need to put those plans in place now otherwise he will (if he has not already) strike a deal elsewhere. The downside to that is we will have to mix and match our halfbacks again next year. A temporary solution would be to sign somebody like Jamie Lyon to partner Sam T. If we were then to sign Myler, Lyon would move to centre and partner Ainscough.

It worries me that we have little or no forward planning. Last season we were panicked into recruiting Piggy and Amos when what we actually needed was a halfback and prop. 2010 looks like delivering similar dividends!
If Brough has a problomatic temprament, it wont help Wigan.
One of Wigan's main problems apears to be their lack of man management skills.
Gaz Hock has been a prime example of that, outside of his drug issue.
Any club interested in Myler will have put their interest forward to Martin Offiah ages ago.
Lets just hope Wigan have shown intent and that this intent is also of interest to Myler.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Two points for consideration: What happens to Luke Robinson if, as anticipated, Brough moves to Huddersfield? Would we have him back?
I would, personally I think Robinson is a great player, he has that scrappy no.7 attitude about him that I like.

What we need though is a leader in the halves, someone who everyone trusts like they used to with Trent, there's times when I see Tomkins has something on on one side and we would probably score off it and Riddell just fobs him off and does something stupid (like that grubber to the in goal that went dead at Hull KR). Once Sam gets more experience he will be that leader but for now he needs someone to take charge next to him like Barrett used to, even if it's just for a couple of seasons and then Tomkins will be ready. Apart from being a complete tool and hated my almost everyone from Wigan, Sean Long would've been a good signing for 2 years to play alongside Tomkins. Was never gonna happen though.

Here's one for you, Scott Grix played 6 for Ireland in the World Cup and was excellent, anyone ever thought he may fit in at Wigan? Instead of being stuck out on the wing at Wakefield?
Up The Mont!