Vaelaeki OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Vaelaeki OUT

Post by robjoenz »

proud_pie_eater posted:
I hate it when people jump on players when they have a bad game! He has been a consistantly good player so far and I think the longer he stays the better he will get. On Friday he was playing injured, he couldnt run to chase and he wasnt quick on his feet, lets hope he recovers very soon because we need a player like him!
It isn't just one bad game though for Vaealiki. I don't think he's had a good game yet, some good centre play and tries but they're outweighed by terrible tackling and leaky defence. He hasn't been quick on his feet since he started with us and has looked unfit. If he is as good as we're led to believe, then yeah we need a player like him, but he has to prove he's that good first.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

I'm gonna hold myself back here or i could be here all day :wink:

Everyone has there own opinions of players and i'm not gonna force anyone to like the guy. What i will say though is that we'll be happy to take him back off your hands. I don't know one Parra fan who isn't regretting letting him go, even those who originally bagged him. We've seen the difference now without him there.

We'd love to have him bag. We'll even give you Tahu free of charge. Complete waste of money he was, though i knew he would be. Never understood what everyone saw in him.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

WNAC to perfect your negative comments remember
P.E.E
point-example-explain
At least then there could be some point to your dull repetetive negative comments
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

hayley 04 posted:
Much as i agree with the defending of David Valeiki what's the point in looking for scapegoats?
Where did I say you had to look for scapegoats? I said if you were, then look elsewhere.

You are very sensative to any implied critisism of any player it seems.

The fact of the matter is on occiasion a player does deserve critisising and can be blamed for certain events or even costing us a game.

Dave
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Doug Stand posted:
Well I don't agree that he has been a waste of money he has shown signs of greatness. To be honest on Friday what could he do??? All the team bar one or two were poor.
I agree that the majority of our players have had a few shockers this year at times but i don't agree on the Tahu showing signs of greatness thing. Again everyone has their own opinion so i'm not telling you you shouldn't like him, just thought i'd explain my opinion.

At first i thought i might be bias because i don't like the guy but i have asked some others and they have agreed with what i've said.
It's his attitude that really annoys me. He's lazy. He makes an average of 5 missed tackles a game, those are real statistics, and i don't think i would even call them attempts. It's like he sticks his hand out and expects them all to fall down at the sight of it. He also has an average of 3 errors a game which are usually knock-ons in our own 50 metres. To me he just seems like he has no pride in the jersey, doesn't want to get in there and do anything and refuses to pass to anyone and when he does pass it's a dangerous move.
One example of the things he does was during our game against Brisbane when they first started putting a few tries on and we still had the chance to come back. We were about 40 metres out on the last tackle. Tahu, being a winger, is obviously close to the sideline. He caught a pass and no one was on him so he broke away and sprinted up the sideline. He got to 10 metres out and a player caqme in to tackle him. Now we have a situation where the ball has to be passed, he has about half a metre max between him and the sideline, Petersen is on his left to push him back in if they drive him out, there's 3 unmarked players on his right. What does Tahu do? He passes to Petersen on the left, which results in Matty being pushed over the sideline and a certain try being bombed. It's those crucial moments where he always seems to stuff up. I'm not saying it's only him because Grothe has had a poor start to the year and Ash Graham is very very poor in defence, but Tahu is constantly raved about and he needs to earn that i think. I personally think he needs a run in the lower grades for a few weeks. But yeah he may get better and i hope for the teams sake he does. I'm not a fan though so i'd happily hand him over.
But if we are doing exhanges with Parra again, I'd take John Morris and Glen Morrisson oh and Dean Widders would be a great assett. An underated utility player in my opinion. We do need another prop though and Cayluss would do nicley.
Hmm, there's a tough one. I'd probably swap you the whole team just to have Dave back but i think you might have to fight a few people off for those players. How good are they! Morrison has become one of my favourite players this year and is probably our biggest standout so far. And i've always believed Widders is a very underrated player. He doesn't get enough game time. Morris has his moments but overall he's got a brilliant mind for picking the right move. Had a brilliant game against Melbourne if you get the chance to see that one. And of course we love our Captain Cranky (Cayless)!

Sorry that was a bit of a long one
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
bertina

Post by bertina »

ian.birchall posted:
if only but we have the useless twit for THREE years, more mismanagement by Maurice.
The way he was stood up by Walker twice in the first 10 minutes or so, the way he looked absolutely knackered after about 30 minutes, the mess he made of that pass on the only break we had in the second half, patently unfit, overweight, dead slow and how did he survive in Aussie rugby, he just cannot tackle.
We signed that useless hooker who was a mate of Greg Florimo a few seasons ago, couldn't get rid but played him in the A team for the whole of his second season. We need to demote Vaelaeki from the first team squad and salary cap restrictions entirely and let him play out his time in the senior academy. As one disgruntled fan said behind me on the way out last night, we spent a year looking for a centre and got Vaelaeki, St Helens spent a week having sold Gleeson and signed Lyon. Oh dear. :angry: :angry:
How can anyone expect vaeliki to show his best form playing behind a beaten pack, and outside the poorest stand off in super league week after week.
It would be difficult for any centre to look good playing outside Danny Orr at the moment.
Give D.V. a chance, Danny Orr has had more than enough in my opinion.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

jinkin jimmy posted
hayley 04 posted:
Excuse me jinkin jimmy but i don't need to be told anything. I am getting sick and tired of all the negativity that is written.Excuse me but i thought the point if supporting a team is to stand by them through thick and thin. What's the point of supporting a club when all some people write is negative comments about the team. Positive criticism is fine but not the doom and gloom merchants who seem to get a kick out of saying how bad we are or how bad some players are. I can't ever imagine a day when my opinion agree's with yours either!

Change the record
Have to agree. The decline in this club over the past few seasons has been alarming. At the end of recent seasons, I've felt that the following might be our year, but at the end of last season I knew that we would be in for a shocker this time round. And so it is proving.

Now Hayley, there are people responsible for that, whether they be club officials or players performances.

A forum like this is the place to air those grievances. How does doing so mean that you are not supporting the club, especially if you then go to the game and shout your lungs out backing the team?
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
It's his attitude that really annoys me. He's lazy. He makes an average of 5 missed tackles a game, those are real statistics, and i don't think i would even call them attempts. It's like he sticks his hand out and expects them all to fall down at the sight of it. He also has an average of 3 errors a game which are usually knock-ons in our own 50 metres.
This is virtually exactly how I would describe Vaealiki so far.

As for saying it's because he plays behind a weakened pack and Danny Orr is useless, that's rubbish, he is running against other centres and wingers where he generally is as big if not bigger! At the same time the pack in front and play maker inside are not to blame for his terrible defence.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Doug Stand posted:
Vaealikis Girl was talking about Tahu on that post, I don't think Vaealikis is playing as bad as that. Agreed the weakened pack scenario shouldn't make any difference but the stand-off does. He's not creating anything in attack not putting the passes into the gaps for DV to run onto.

No-one else can be blamed for a person missing a tackle though. On the whole I think DV could be an assett, he's shown signs of great centre play... setting up tries for Dallas against St.Helens and Hull, but I beleive the we have no playmeaker in the halves. They have the most influencial role and should be domintaing the game. Mostly DV is taking the ball from acting half deep inside his own half as there is nothing else coming from attack.
Aye, I know V'sG was referring to Tahu but it suprised me how much it sounded like Vaealiki. Agreed an on form stand-off would make a difference but some of his runs from dummy half are feeble. He has showed greatness in the form of two passes and also some great strength to score against Bradford at our place, hopefully some more of the same on Friday but for me he's been a major disappointment so far, the only reason this isn't highlighted is because the whole team is so understrengthed.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The concept of playing behind an underweight pack is still valid - the basic tactic is for a big prop to drag 3 players into tackling him, creating gaps for the halves to exploit, either by running themselves or putting another player through. Because our reserve props can be tackled 1-on-1 those gaps don't appear, which is why we look ineffective in attack once Seuseu and Guisset tire, or are substituted.