Denis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Denis

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Are you happy with the way your season is going at present?
Do you see Denis turning things around for you?
Are there unsettling rumours around your club as there was in Warrington a month ago from fans unhappiness with Paul Cullen?
Do you see Denis still as head coach as the season nears to an end?

:conf:Denis
:with:Mo
bertina

Re: Denis

Post by bertina »

I don't think any Wigan fans are happy with the way the season is going at the moment, but I don't think it's fair to lay all the blame on Denis Betts.
He isn't to blame for all the injuries we have, or the departure of Andy Farrell, he can only select from the players he has available.
There are always going to be differing opinions on team selection, but our main problem at the moment is a shortage of fit players to pick from.
No other super league club would be able to maintain top form with as many first team players on the injured list as Wigan.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Are there unsettling rumours around your club as there was in Warrington a month ago from fans unhappiness with Paul Cullen?
Afternoon P'n'B, you've obviously not spent too long reading the messages on here in recent days. Either that, or you're deliberately trying to fire off another pointless debate on the same issues that have been debated endlessly in recent weeks!

Suffice to say, many people are unhappy with our varied form, some people want to throw Betts off the roof of the stadium (along with ML), there are always endless rumours about everything although I don't think there are any more now than usual, and there's talk of getting Chris Anderson, Ellery Hanley, and all the usual other suspects in as coach to replace Betts.

Unless anyone disagrees substantially with any of this assessment, then please comment, otherwise I think we know most people's personal opinions about these matters, god knows they've been aired often enough in recent weeks so we don't really need them again, surely?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
heydude

Post by heydude »

primrose-n-blue posted:

sorry but seems like your stirring trouble on here and all i can say is would you like it if i went on the warrington site to say cullen hasn't got a clue and all he is good at is talking to the press,and with all the money warrington have spent your still cr@p.
just think before your next post what to write because we've got enough of our own fans slagging off the club so really we could do without other fans having a go too.
don't eat yellow snow
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

heydude posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:

sorry but seems like your stirring trouble on here and all i can say is would you like it if i went on the warrington site to say cullen hasn't got a clue and all he is good at is talking to the press,and with all the money warrington have spent your still cr@p.
just think before your next post what to write because we've got enough of our own fans slagging off the club so really we could do without other fans having a go too.
here here :exc:
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

heydude posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:

ooooo, we have got our knickers in a twist!
Read the post again DUDE:
On no account do I slag off Wigan, after Warrington's 32 years challenge cup drought, I wouldn't dream of it. I was only asking the Q? Are you happy with things, in particular with Denisism.
As I am under attack and none of you have the nerve to state your thoughts upon him then I will give you mine....
Presently you are still above Warrington and sitting in a top 6 position and still in the challenge cup so all is kosher, for now.
But losing to wake/hudds/lond is unbelievable for even an injured Wigan team.
It seems to me that Denis is stepping on players toes as he did with Lammy and upsetting the applecart. Was it really the lure of yaunion that took Andy Farrell? A man who nobody ever thought would play in any other colours that cherry and white.
When everybody is happy at a club all the players want to play, even the busted ones, but not at Wigan this season, nope,..the first sign of a snivel and there out, probably putting in 18 holes somewhere.
My prediction... Denis will resign his post before the first week in august clash against Salford(rnd 23)
:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

primrose-n-blue posted:
heydude posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:

ooooo, we have got our knickers in a twist!
Read the post again DUDE:
On no account do I slag off Wigan, after Warrington's 32 years challenge cup drought, I wouldn't dream of it. I was only asking the Q? Are you happy with things, in particular with Denisism.
As I am under attack and none of you have the nerve to state your thoughts upon him then I will give you mine....
Presently you are still above Warrington and sitting in a top 6 position and still in the challenge cup so all is kosher, for now.
But losing to wake/hudds/lond is unbelievable for even an injured Wigan team.
It seems to me that Denis is stepping on players toes as he did with Lammy and upsetting the applecart. Was it really the lure of yaunion that took Andy Farrell? A man who nobody ever thought would play in any other colours that cherry and white.
When everybody is happy at a club all the players want to play, even the busted ones, but not at Wigan this season, nope,..the first sign of a snivel and there out, probably putting in 18 holes somewhere.
My prediction... Denis will resign his post before the first week in august clash against Salford(rnd 23)
:doz: Denis
:with: Mo
:( Hopefully, Betts will go this week !the players, after last nights 2nd half debacle, obviously don't want to play for him !!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Sorry but I now agree with wnac - something has to be seen to be done and changing the coach has to be seriously considered now
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Sorry but I now agree with wnac - something has to be seen to be done and changing the coach has to be seriously considered now
:angry: Cheers JJ, I know I have been negative lately, but it's been earned by the club.

But can I please say again, WE NEED A COACH.

And doris should do the right thing and leave,IMO I think we are being set up, DW will sell very soon, (Latics will have promotion tied up if they win today), we will then have to find a new stadium, where ? and we will have the weakest squad for generations, with little chance of returning to our top 4 expectation for many years.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

WNAC posts some rubbish.
1. Latics get promoted and we've no ground. WRONG
2. If we've no ground what help will it be to sack the coach?
3 We need a new coach!

You were right all along. :doz: