wide of the mark !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: wide of the mark !

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:conf: Fact is there is an article on the home page about Fletcher joining Wigan, curiouser and curiouser ????

Left and Right hands comes to mind !!!
Another of your facts? the wigan evening post (one of several sites where the rumour was posted) is a newspaper; The Wigan warriors are a rugby league club. Spot the difference.
There has been no mention of the rumour on the official website up until today's denial.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we_need_a_coach posted:
robjoenz posted:
I think the fact is that Fletcher has left Eastern Suburbs, however, until Wigan say that he has signed for us it is just a rumour that he is a Wigan player.
:wink: Lets hope it stays that way, I know I have been calling for new signings, but this one is just ridiculous, a panick reaction. We need experienced players, not treatment table warmers.
Why do you hope it stays that way? Your the one who has been calling for recruitment in the forwards and he is a forward. If he has signed give him a chance like you should of given guisset because he proved you wrong.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
I think the fact is that Fletcher has left Eastern Suburbs, however, until Wigan say that he has signed for us it is just a rumour that he is a Wigan player.
That sounds plausible. The club are denying they have already signed Fletcher, but it doesn't say if they are or are not planning to sign him in the future. If he signs tomorrow then the statement issued today about him having signed is still true, it's just a case of being careful about what they say and what they don't say. Whilst he's got a history of being injured (but then, see also Dallas, Newton, Rads...) there's no indication that he's currently injured, and so presumably could drop into the team fairly quickly. He'd need a bit of time to get upto speed of SL, but then again, he's been at a club with quite a lot of recently-ex professionals so I suspect they may still train to quite a high standard albeit maybe not on a full-time basis. I'm prepared to wait and see on this one.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

His injuries were mostly breaks - 2 legs and a sternum...no amount of fitness can prevent those. Ubnless he has Osteoporosis or something?